"This is a very weird dream." his brows furrowed.

"I know, right?" she sighed. "And this just is suddenly bugging me incessantly. And I don't know why. That was just a dream, right?"

"Yeah, Lucy, it's just a dream. You're probably bugged because we're going to the warzone. With everything going with The Cure and my siblings there, it could turn into violence any moment. And I think we're both missing the peace in Florida already."

"Yeah." she sighed. "But it's just a matter of a week."

"It better be."

"We won't be planning to stay, would we? You no longer want the cure, right?"

"Yeah, I don't want my hybrids any longer."

"Why?"

"Because I don't need them. Besides, they're all backstabbing."

"Any other possible reason?"

"We're not having this conversation right now." he mumbled, his face going red. "Go to sleep."

"Yeah. Yeah." she hummed, a goofy smile appearing on her face.

"Close your eyes, Lucy."

"Okay." she giggled, shutting them close as she felt him intertwine their fingers together.

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

It was past sunset when they reached the Salvatore Boarding House.

"Wake up, we're here, Brie." Lucy prodded the little girl, making her stir as she herself yawned, rubbing her eyes.

"Five more minutes, mom." Brie mumbled sleepily, curling in a foetal position.

"It's s'okay. I'll carry her." Nik offered, stifling a laugh.

"Sure." Lucy nodded, moving to open the tailgate as she piled out the luggages.

"Hey!" a happy voice called out as Lucy turned to see Stefan, who'd just exited the house to greet them.

"Stefano." she grinned as he pulled her in for a hug.

"Look at you." she grinned teasingly. "Ooh, you got piercings."

"Yeah. I got a recent obsession with them." Stefan grinned back. "But you haven't changed a bit, Lucy."

"I know. It's magic." she winked, eliciting in a laugh from him which, unfortunately, faded away as his eyes fell on the person emerging behind her.

"Klaus." he greeted with a forced smile as he soaked in with shock the scene before him.

Klaus carrying Brie like she's his own daughter? Oh, lord.

"Stefan." he smiled back, a real one for Lucy's sake. "Feels real nice to be back after so long."

"Mmhm. Glad to know." he nodded stiffly, trying to be as cordial as possible. "Um, why don't you both head inside? I'll bring in the luggage."

"Is no one else's home?" Lucy asked as Stefan began rolling the suitcases behind them, the slick sound of the wheels scraping the pavement becoming annoying to the ear.

"Um, yeah. Everyone's gone here and there."

"Oh, weird." Lucy chuckled as she turned the handles and pushed open the double doors.

"SURPRISE!" several voices screamed together, making both of them jump out of their skin.

"What the fuck?" Lucy whispered to herself, her eyes widened as she took in the 'Welcome Back' and 'We Missed You' banners before her.