𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐀 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞, 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I'll see you in a bit mom," I grabbed a basket and made my way to the school supplies.

-

(For the sake of the story, let's act like songs that came out this decade existed back then)

I rummaged through the shelves.  Leaving you by Riovaz blasted in my ears.  I tossed pencils and erasers into my basket.   I made my way to the highlighters and the pens and tossed them in.  I checked my list to see what I was missing.

✓Pencils
✓Erasers
✓Highlighters
✓Pens
☐Pencil Pouch
☐Bookbag
☐Notebooks
☐Folders
☐Sticky notes

I only needed a few more things.  I spotted sticky notes and tossed 2 stacks in.  I grabbed a pencil pouch and a black bookbag as well.

I made my way to the notebooks.  I reached for a black notebook but a hand touched mine. I instinctively pulled away quickly.  PiggyPink by Hotel Ugly began to play.  I looked at the person and became shocked.

You've got to be serious.

"Y/N? Is that you?" A familiar boy with a mullet asked.  "Billy?" I asked.  "Oh my god, it actually is you. it has been a while right?" He said.  "Mmm yeah, 5 years," I said as I tossed 2 notebooks into my basket.

"Did you ever call,"  He asked.  "Yeah, for a month, you never picked up," I stated sourly.  "Im so sorry," He began but I cut him off.  "Listen, it's fine, Im over it, not the first person that doesn't reach out," I said as I aggressively tossed some folders in my basket.  

"hear me out please," He begged.  "Sorry, music too loud can't hear," I pointed at my headphones as I turned the volume up.

How are you going to ask me to call you and even give me your number and not pick up for a month?  That's so dumb.  

I felt my headphones being taken away.  "Now you can hear me, listen to me please," He said.  "Give me back my headphones Billy," I ordered as I tried to take them back.  "I'll give them back after you listen to me," He said and put my headphones behind his back. 

"Fine, hurry up my mom is waiting," I said.

"Ok so, after I left the house you were at, a few minutes later some black van stopped in front of me and I fell because I almost hit it.  My phone fell and it shattered, and the mother fucker in the van drove over it, making it worse, leaving me without a phone.   I got a new job that paid me more than the newspaper did so I took that job, after I got my new phone, you never called," He explained.

"Oh," Is the only thing I said.

He handed me back my headphones.  "I'm sorry," I apologized.  "For what?" He asked.

"For the way I acted just now, I should've heard you out," I explained.  "It's no big deal Y/N. Do you perhaps want to start over?" Billy offered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.  "You can give me your number now and we can talk now," He smiled.

I felt my heart racing and my cheeks getting red.  "Sure, I'd love that," I smiled as well.

"Great" Billy quickly shoved his hand in his pocket, pulled out his phone, and handed it to me.
He had the pin pad up so I typed my number.

"Well, I have to go, Billy, it was nice catching up with you," I smiled.  "Yeah, Im glad I saw you,  but I have a question," Billy said.  "Oh, what is it?" I asked.   

Please god, don't let it be what I think he is going to ask.

"So about the letter,"  He began.

Wow,  even asking nicely won't make it true.

"What about it?" I asked even though I knew where this conversation was going.

"Do you still like me?" He asked the big question.  

Before I answered I heard Jared behind me.  "Hey peach, you ready to go? Mom is done getting things. Oh, who is this?" He asked as he spotted Billy.

"Oh, um this is Billy,  Billy this is my brother Jared," I introduced them both.

"Hey, it's nice meeting you Jared,"  Billy extended his hand for a shake.

Jared stared at his hand for a few seconds then grabbed it hard.  "Yeah, it's a pleasure meeting you Billy, but me and my little sister have to go,"  Jared glared at Billy.  Billy pulled his hand away, he looked nervous.  "Well, I'll talk to you later Billy, bye," I waved as I made my way to the cash register.  I snatched a black bookbag I spotted at the end of the aisle, making my list complete.

When we were away from Billy, Jared spoke up.  "So what was that about, and what do you mean by "Talk to you later"?" He asked, he made quotation marks with his fingers when he repeated my words.

"To be honest, I don't know, I just hope he forgets about the letter," I responded.

We both knew that was not going to happen.

-

I know this was a bit short but I had a busy day today, I'll post tomorrow.

Btw if you guys have suggestions for my story please comment here.