.💌💌.

July 18, 2007
Compton, CA,
2:00 pm

Oxyna

Its been nine days since i was separated from my sister.

After the cops and ambulance showed up they took mother to the hospital, but i soon figured out she died the next day.

My father is still missing. After he ran off it was like he just disappeared, like he never existed.

They wont give me any info about the future living situation. which is understandable, im seven. But it still irritates me that im not aware of what's gonna happen to my sister and i.

I was sitting down, criss-crossed on the bed i was given. My current living status was with a nice female cop who was working on my 'case'. She had me sleep in her guest room since this was a two bedroom house, as she didn't have a family of her own.

There was a soft knock at the door before it opended slightly.

Addie, the cop, peaked her head through the crack.

Addie was, as some people would call her, a beauty standard.

She had blonde hair and green eyes. She was in her early twenties, hence why she wouldnt be the one to adopt me.

"are you ready?" she asks. i nodded my head and got up, sliding my shoes on quickly before walking, following her out the bedroom door.

"do you want a snack before we go?" she asks as we pass the kitchen. i shook my head no.

she shrugged her shoulders and opened the front door for me to walk out, her following after me and locking the front door.

"back seat or front seat?" she asked me. i just stared at her. i havent talked since that night, which made it hard for the police when i was being questioned. "well just pick a door and get in."

i walked the the other side of the car and opened the front seat door. i got in, shut the door, and put my seatbelt on.

she started the car up, "are you sure you're not hungry?" she asks as she backed out the driveway. now that i think of it, im starving.

"im hungry." i whispered.

"oh wow, you talk. what do you want to eat? we got mcdonald's, chick-fil-a, burger king, kfc-"

"i dont know what those are." i looked at her. she stared back at me in shock as she stopped at a red light.

"we never ate out." it was true. they refused to get us any fast food.

"we're gonna you straight right now." she said as the light turned green. she did a couple if turns before we pulled up to a place called 'Chick-fil-a'. she parked the car and we got out.

we walked into the building and was greeted with a bunch of noise.

"you want to try the chicken nuggets or chicken sandwichs? theyre both good but i personally pefer the nuggets." Addie said to me. since she seems to know about this place im gonna stick with her preference.

"nuggets." i said.

"what beverage? they have lemonade, sweet tea, unsweetened tea, though i don't recommend it because who drink unsweetened tea?" she giggles. "um, they have hi-ci, which is just like, juice. um, and they have soda. and water im pretty sure."

i stood and thought about it befire making my decision.

"sweet tea."

"good choice. you want anything else like ice cream or a cookie?" she said as we walked up to the register.

"can i have an ice cream cone please?" i ask nicely.

"of course!"

she orders our food and a worker handed me my ice cream before we went to a table and sat down.

"so how have you been feeling?" she started a conversation.

"good." i lied, and im 100 percent sure she knew i was lying, but she didnt push it. so i continued to eat my ice cream.

soon the waiter came over with our food, we thanked him and prayed.

once we were done we started eating. i ate one of the nuggets and it was like heaven. it was so frickin good yall. im pretty sure addie saw the way my eyes lit up because she lauged and asked "t's good, huh?" all i could do was nod in agreement.

*after eating*

we had just pulled up to the court building or whatever they called.

"are you ready?" she asked.

"no"

she sighs and we both get out the car. she walks me inside the building where everyone was.

"everyone ready?" some random white dude asked. everyone nodded and we walked into another room with a bunch of seats. Addie and i sat down. the judge came in and the session started.

*after because thats too much to write*

i wasnt really paying attention on what was happening throughout the whole session but i guess im being moved to an adoption center.

right now i was in the car on the way back to addies house. im supposed to be at the center tomorrow.

after a few more minutes we finally made it to her home. i got out the car and walked in the house after her.

"im gonna start on dinner." she said lowly.

i nodded before going to 'my room' and started to pack my things so i wont cause any trouble in the morning.

even though today was the first day i spoke to her, im gonna miss addie. she was very kind and patient to me throughout this whole time of me staying with her.

"DINNERS READY!" i hear her shout.

i let my room and walked into the kitchen.

we sat down, prayed, and started to eat in silence.

im really gonna miss this. she taught me a lot since ive been here, one of them being how to pray since my parents never told me how.

we finished eating and went into our rooms and went to sleep, neither of us ready for tomorrow.