4~In His Arms

"Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?" The nurse said to me. I rolled my eyes and groaned.

"Daisy, I feel like a sumo wrestler is crushing my uterus." I said. It's true, and I'll bet you $1,0000.00 that I'm on...that.

"Oh...I'll get you something. Pads or tampons?" She asked. I could tell she was uncomfortable by the was she was talking.

"Pads." I said. She nodded and closed her door on her was out.

This was different than being at home. I have needles all up in my arms and legs, I have been in the same position for four days straight, the doctor says that I can't move that much cause it will 'hurt my body'. Yes, I've been to pee and take showers, Daisy helped me with that. Thank God I leave today. It's. Been. Hell.

Drew hasn't left, he's demanded to stay with me, even after visiting hours. He confuses me, he's always telling me that I'm safe and to not scare him the whole time I was here. I don't understand why he doesn't leave. The boy eats hospital food for Gods sake! He hasn't changed clothes for three weeks and he smells like a sewer.

But he's still cute.

I saw the door open and Drew walked in. He looked so tired that once he blinked he could fall asleep.

"Hey Grace, how are you feeling? I heard your going home today..." He said sleepily.

I smiled and showed him my new bruise. "I'm feeling just perfect...yeah I finally get to leave this hell hole." I said.

He chuckled. "Yeah." He cleared his throat. "Daisy said that her daughter had the flu and she needed to go home, uh she told me that I could help you get changed." He said and rubbed the back of his head.

"Drew, I really need help taking a bath...do you think Alexia could come in here?"

He shook his head and sat in the chair next to my bed. "No, she's at home. Grace, I'll try to not make you feel uncomfortable, I promise. Let me help you?" He asked.

Why do I trust this guy so much? We've known each other for like five weeks and here we are, feeling like best friends. Or more.

"Okay." I whispered.

He nodded and walked over to my small body, picking me up bridal style. I started playing with his black hair, running it through my fingers.

As he set me down on the counter he looked at me and kissed my forehead. "It's okay, kitten. I'll be gentle." He whispered.

Alright buddy we aren't getting dirty so why don't you go ahead and help my crippled body not stink, would you?

He reached behind to my back and untied the gown, having it fall to the ground.

I took a deep breath and tried to cover my body with my hands.

Drew

I couldn't believe what I'm seeing. I'm amazed of how beautiful she is, but I'm also furious with the hospital. They haven't fed her that much and you could see the outlines of her ribs, hipbones, and you can't overlook her collarbones popping out.

I saw her try to cover her body and I took her hands with my own. "You are so beautiful, Grace. Don't cover up, I promise that I won't judge you." I said.

She nodded and I took her gown from the floor, picking it up and folding it. I took a washcloth and stuck it under warm water, then putting some dove body wash with it.

•••

She whimpers as I took my arms off of her to start the car. Honestly I shouldn't be driving. I haven't slept at all, knowing that Grace could get hurt any time.

I remember when I first got the call. How I felt. How I lost it.

*flashback*

I was laying in bed when I heard my phone ring. It's one in the morning, what the hell?

I picked it up and looked at the number. Unknown...

"Hello?"

It sounded like someone was outside in the wind. "Yes, is this Bradford Dillon?" The strange woman asked.

"No, sorry. Who is this?" I said.

"Are you sure? This is the number we saw for Grace's father." She said frantically.

I shook my head and furrowed my eyebrows. "Yes I'm sure."

"Well do you in anyway know Grace Marnaè?" She asked.

I heard a faint 'we're loosing her' in the background of the call.

"Yes she's my friend, what happened? Is she okay?!" I yelled.

"Her and her mother got into a car accident. Grace isn't responding in anyway and her mother is mumbling things. We're on our way to the hospital n-"

I quickly hung up the phone and packed my bag of water and dry shampoo. Oh shut up.

Tears were streaming down my face as I rush to the hospital.

I could loose her.

I could loose her.

I can't loose her.

Once in the hospital I run to the front desk. "Grace Marnaè?" I frantically said.

The woman looked up. "She's in surgery right now, sir. She will be ready in at the least three hours. Y'all related?" She asked.

"She's my friend." I choke out. She gives me a sad smile. "I'm so sorry, I can only tell serious information to family. We have a waiting room right next to where she will be staying if you want to wait there." She said.

I nodded my head and followed her to the waiting room.

I won't loose her.

*end of flashback*

"We're here." I gruffly said to a sleepy Grace.

She looked at me and sniffed. "Can you stay with me until my mom gets back? It gets pretty lonely." She said.

She's inviting me over to her house. Either this means I'm getting bro-zoned or she actually feels safe with me. I could be her home. I could be her safe place.

"Of course, kitten." I said. "Just let me go and freshen up."

•••••

Grace

"Do you even know how to play Call Of Duty?" I laughed as we played video games on the couch.

"I know how to press random buttons on a controller, that's what I know how to do." He said making me laugh harder.

"I already have twenty-eight kills and you have," I shot a random enemy. "How the hell do you have negative five?!"

"Because I'm just awesome like that!" He said. I saw the TV go to static and shortly after the lights went out.

"Drew?" I whispered. I could feel his body right next to mine and he slipped his arms around my waist. "I'm right here, kitten." He whispered in my ear.

I shivered and curled up next to him in the darkness.

"Wanna hear a secret?" I said. I could feel his hot breath on the back of my neck, sending goosebumps to my pale skin.

"Sure, kitten." He started rubbing circles on my exposed stomach.

"When I started out in cod I was really bad too." I explained with humor.

He chuckled and rested his chin on the top of my head. "I do have to admit; I am pretty bad... Do you want to hear a secret?" He responded.

I nodded my head. I could feel his wet lips on my ear. "I'm not as bad as you think. I-"

Before he could say any more, I fell asleep in his arms.

In his arms.

Him.

Drew.

The Bad Boy Wants Meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें