A Hundred and Fifty Years in The Making

Začít od začátku

"I think it'll be alright. As long as they are made aware ahead of time, I'm pretty sure they could handle it, if not we can always accommodate them somehow."

He nods telling me that's the only people he could think of, and so I head back upstairs to start drafting my invitations, so we can get them sent out as soon as possible since the date will be so close. Rose is already working on getting decorations, treats, and food set up–knowing it'll just be my family to eat it's an easy task. By the time that's all finished, Rose sits beside me and starts a very important topic.

"What kind of dress were you thinking?" My mind begins to draft up a simple lace look, thinking of keeping it slim, but elegant, something I could've gotten away with years ago. Light lace sleeves would hang loose over the bodice, keeping it semi-modest and functional, while the gown and train flows behind me like a waterfall. After describing the gown, Rose somehow finds an online boutique that has something close to what I described.

"That's perfect." And at my confirmation, Rose orders it so I'll be able to try it on and make sure it looks just as perfect in person.

In a short amount of time, everything is planned; food is ready, people have responded, the venue has been decorated and the dress of my dreams has arrived

In a short amount of time, everything is planned; food is ready, people have responded, the venue has been decorated and the dress of my dreams has arrived. In a few short hours I will finally be Mrs Sophia Whitlock and there is nothing more I've wanted since regaining my memories of the past. As Rosalie finishes pinning the last curl into place, I smile at myself in the mirror ready for the beginning of my forever when there comes a timid knock on my door.

"Hey Squirt, can I come in?" Charlie asks through a crack in the door, not fully opening it.

"Of course Dad!" I smile as he timidly comes in, his eyes soften as he sees me all dressed up and I have to keep the emotion down, not wanting to ruin my makeup.

"Oh sweetie you look so beautiful." He compliments, kissing me on the top of my head before looking at me again. "You know, when Jasper asked for my blessing, I didn't think you kids would get married so soon."

"It just felt right Dad. We knew this was what we wanted and it'll be easier for us to travel together."

"I know. I know you two are smart in what you do, I just wasn't ready to say goodbye to my Squirt quite yet." I can hear his voice tighten with emotion and I have to focus on my breathing so I don't break down too.

"Oh Dad, this isn't goodbye. We'll still live close by, and we'll come down for Friday night fish fry if you want." I smile gently up at him as he brings me tightly into his famous hug, and I hear him sniffle.

"I would love that." He mutters as we start to sway a bit before I hear the door behind us open.

"We're ready if you two are." I hear Rose, and I cannot believe it's time already. This moment seemed to come so fast.

"Alright Squirt, let's get you down that aisle." He holds his arm out for me to take, and as I loop my arm, Rose hands me my simple Carnation bouquet.

As the classical piano starts, Rose leads us outside and my breath is taken away by how beautiful everything ended up being, and catching a glimpse of Jasper in his suit by the arch is enough to remind me just how lucky I am. Dad and I slowly make our way toward the altar, and the giant grin on my face is one I think might become permanent. We finally make it, and Dad presses another kiss to my head before placing my hands in Jasper's cool ones giving him a nod of approval and appreciation.

I don't remember most of the vows, I remember being locked in to Jasper's amber eyes and declaring things I've been waiting to say for a hundred and fifty years. I remember the feel of his cool lips on mine as we are finally declared husband and wife and everything is finally as it should be.

"I love you, Mrs. Whitlock."

"As I love you, Mr. Whitlock." He places his hands on either side of my head, placing another loving kiss on my lips.

The reception goes off without a hitch, and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves

The reception goes off without a hitch, and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves. My mother is quick to find Jasper and I, and even quicker to flaunt over just how handsome and gentlemanly he is, how I "am a lucky one to find someone like him in Forks". I had to force a smile to keep from rolling my eyes too hard, and I quickly diverted my attention to the mop of brown hair I vaguely recognized from my memories.

"Is that?" I ask as I tip my head in their direction.

"Peter and Charolette? Yeah. I wasn't sure if they were going to make it." A smile crosses his face and he grabs into my hand as we head towards his friends.

"Peter, we're so glad you both could make it." He says politely and we all smile.

"You know we wouldn't miss it. It's taken this long to finally happen." He laughs with a southern drawl. "Whatever fates decided to bring you back to him, I'm glad they did. I was always rootin' for you two, even back then."

We dissolve into easy chatter, talking about the past and what might be to come, we even make plans to go and visit them at some point. The night continues, but we soon make plans to head back to our little cabin, calling it the beginning of our honeymoon and the start of our new lives finally together.