Chapter 1: A Hellish Land

Börja om från början

---

March 30, 1972

Camp Carroll

Heavy artillery began raining down on the ARVN soldiers stationed at the Camp.

The Easter Offensive has begun. Scrambling the men rushed to defend themselves, as artillery continued to fire. All over Quang Tri, both sides engaged in a deadly battle.

Such an unexpected offensive to an unprepared defender, Quang Tri might fall.

But that would be unacceptable. American aircraft screeched through the skies as they bombed North Vietnamese positions.

Hours later, in Quang Tri, a squad of US Marines steeled themselves for the upcoming battle. They are sent here once again to intervene and tip the tide of war to their side.

As artillery grumbled in the distance, Sergeant Jordan watched from their staging areas the battlefields in somber silence.

They are being sent to hell again. And his men and his company will be in the thick of it.

"When the hell is this going to end?" He thought as F-4s screeched above him. Taking a gum, he puts it in his mouth and began to chew. Turning around to prepare for the upcoming battle, all his mind thought was simple.

"I hope we can soon go home, away from this hell."

---

Chapter 1: A Hellish Land

"War is fear, cloaked in courage." - William Westmorland

April 2, 1972 - 09:14

Quảng Trị, Near Camp Carroll

The Easter Offensive

"Welcome to hell, Serika."

Serika's eyes fluttered open, above her was a clear blue sky. Turning her head around she sees that she is lying on the grass. As she regained her senses, she sits up while rubbing her eyes.

Then her hearing came back, and as the white nose dissipated it was replaced by loud bangs. Then the cracking noise of bullets screeching far away from her.

Her sensitive cat ears went into panic mode as she took a defensive stance. The sounds of artillery, gunfire, and cannons blaring in the distance.

"Where am I?" She thought as she equipped her gun. Recomposing herself she moved forward and pushed a bunch of bushes in front of her.

Her eyes widened at the scene lying in front of her.

Her blood rushed furiously through her veins, as adrenaline is released in her body.

In front of her was a massive battlefield. Tanks fired off salvo after salvo in the distance. Gunfire shrieked through the horizon, as the sounds of battle drowned everything.

There she can see soldiers lying down in cover, firing their guns on the other side of the frontline. There were destroyed tanks, and more disturbingly...soldiers or bodies that were just lying motionless in the fields.