C h a p t e r 2

I made my way to the back of the store to the bread section, I kept my head held high as I heard the clacking of my heels against the floor. My hands were brushing against the bottom skirt of my dress. As I reached the back of the store I saw the last loaf of the bread we usually got. As I placed my hand on the bread I felt another hand touch mine. There was no movement from the strange hand that was placed on mine. My eyes were wide as I stared at it.

Slowly, my eyes scanned up at the tall stranger that was staring at me. Towering over me; He seemed a lot taller than I was.

There was a short stubble on his face, he had dark brown hair, gorgeous dark blue eyes, and a tan complexion on his face. There was something so hot about that man, even though he looked way older than me. He was wearing a gray suit and his hair was neatly done.

I let out a soft squeak and took my hand off the bread. My eyes widened even more at the uncontrollable sound that came from my mouth.

"U-umm here. You have it." I said a little shyly, feeling my face turn red slightly looking down.

"No you had your hand on it first.. it's only polite to let you have it." He said taking it off the shelf and handing it to me. I stared at his hand for a second. His soft, veiny, strong looking hand.

"Oh no that's alright."I turned around, leaving the bread, and casually walked off. Once I was out of sight I dashed to the bathroom and into a stall and leaned against the wall. I couldn't stop blushing, and I felt embarrassment rush over me. One other thing you might need to know about me, is i'm gay, if that wasn't obvious.

I felt like I was in there for about 5 minutes before I heard someone enter the bathroom. I stayed silent as I saw a pair of brandy leather shoes standing outside the stall door. I saw the bread slide under the stall door.

I leaned down and picked the bread up and opened the stall and looked at the man who was now standing in front of me, once again towering over me.

"My name is Eric." He said, giving me a soft smile. He ran a hand through his neat hair that was now a little messy.

"Sam." I replied, giving a smile back. "How'd you know I was in here?"

"I saw you run in here, so I paid for the bread and hoped for the best that you were still here."

"You didn't have to give me this." My gaze fell on the bread that was in my hands.

"It was no problem. You had it first. Would it be possible for us to have a trade?" I looked at him confused. But before I knew it he moved the small hairs hanging in front of my face over to the side and leaned down kissing me softly.

I held the bag of bread closer to my chest and blushed like crazy. He looked so older than me, it felt wrong, Yet right in a way. My eyes fluttered close as he placed a hand on my cheek. After he pulled away his hand didn't move as we looked at each other.

I quickly tried to make conversation, "Did you really slide the bread under the stall?" I asked, giving off a small smile while my eyes gave a confused look, he lett off a small chuckle.

"I guess I did. But it's in a bag so it won't be dirty." He said putting his hands in his dress pants pockets. He seemed almost as shy as I did.

A man came into the bathroom and looked at us. Nothing bad honestly, just a look of 'oh, there are other people are in here' look, I felt embarrassed as I ran out of the bathroom away from Eric.

I got in my car, threw it into the passenger seat of my car and drove home thinking the whole time. Once I got home, I grabbed it and walked into the house to my mother awaiting my arrival with the bread, For the party later on. And the one thought that was in my mind as I hugged my mother greeting her was,