"You're stubborn."

Taylor was the last person I was expecting to see tonight. In fact, he was the last person I wanted to see. Tons of thoughts ran through my head then. What was Taylor doing here? What were they talking about? Why was Chad taking so long? Involuntarily my feet lead me over to the guys. Both of them stopped talking.

Taylor glanced at me, as I approached the two of them. His eyes were hard and he smelled like smoke. I tried hard not to cough as Chad turned to me. He smiled but this time it was a forced smile. Nothing said "happy" about it. It scared me. His arm wrapped around my shoulder. I could feel Taylor's glare ripping right through me. I looked up at Chad and smiled. "This is Hayley," Chad said.

Taylor kept his eyes on me and smirked. "Oh yeah. I know her. She slept in my car." My eyes bulged and Chad looked down at me, with his eyes hard. "What?" His tone was cold. "No, I didn't, don't listen to him Chad. He's just trying to make you mad," I pleaded. Chad looked at Taylor again, smirking. "Oh is that so? Funny thing is, she's already slept with me." And with that, he turned me around and made us both walk back into the movie room.

--

The rest of the night consisted of the movie finishing, Chad taking me home, and him kissing me goodnight on the cheek.

I didn't bother to explain anything to James when I got home. Hell, I didn't even understand half of what had happened. I went upstairs, deciding to get into the shower. As I rinsed my body all I could think about was how Chad had lied. Chad told Taylor I had slept with him. Knowing Taylor, he probably believed it. It was clear they hated each other. You could tell by looking at their body language. For the first time, I actually saw Chad's eyes grow dark. It sent shivers down my spine.

Chad barely knew me. But he was already fighting to have me. Why? I had no idea.

--

Getting out of the shower 20 minutes later, I quickly changed into an oversized t-shirt and got into bed. I was scrolling through instagram when I got a message from the one and only, Chad.

Chad: I had fun tonight...even though Taylor showed up.

Yeah, what was that all about?

Chad: Nothing really..we just don't get along good anymore

Why so?

Chad: its not something I like talking about Hayles. I hope u understand

Yeah, I do :)

I shook my head. No, it wasn't something I understood. At all. They didn't get along. Was it all just because of drag racing? I knew there was something more.

Chad: You looked gorgeous.

Thanks ^_^

Although I was a little mad that he had lied, I decided to let the matter go. Other than Taylor showing up, I did have a great time. During some parts of the movie, Chad would lean closer to me. Then at one point he put his arm around my shoulder. Ill admit, he was a little quick trying to be my boyfriend but I didn't blame him. I was hot. HA. Kidding. Well, not unless he's just attracted to red headed girls.

I felt my phone vibrate and looked at my lock-screen.

Taylor: So, I have a problem

My eyebrows came together. I typed quickly.

With?

Taylor: I was driving home and I accidentally didn't even realize my gas tank was almost empty. So now I am stuck on the side of the road and you frankly are the only person I know that will be kind enough to pick me up :)