Chapter Thirty-six

Beginne am Anfang

"She said it so casually."

"I wonder who it will be,"  Evan says out loud.

"Well then. Shall we?"

Trelawney walks amongst them, robes flowing, as they look into each other's teacups.

"Broaden your minds, my dears. And allow your eyes to see... beyond."

Trelawney takes Lavender Brown's cup, and peers inside. "Incidentally, that thing you are dreading— it will happen on Friday the sixteenth of October."

Lavender trembled.

She keeps walking by until she's in front of Ron, "What do you see in Mr. Potter's cup, Mr. Weasley?"

Ron frowns at the cup in his hands, "Well. He's got a wonky sort of cross,"

He looks into his book, "that's trials and suffering. But this lot here could be the sun
that's great happiness."

"So... he's going to suffer but be very happy about it."

Lily groans, "Great. Just great."

Barty shrugs, "I'm use to it by now. Pretty sure every year will have some sort of problem."

Professor Trelawney takes the cup, peers inside, and gasps and drops the cup backing away.

The people watching stare at the screen confused, what made her react like that?

She regards Harry with a mixture of pity and fear.

"My dear boy... You have the Grim."

People who knew Divination gasp.

"What's that?" Peter asks.

"The Grin? What's the Grin?"

"The Grim. Not the grin, you idiot."

"But what does it mean, Professor?" Dean asks.

"The Grim.." lavender says out loud, making everyone turn to look at her.

"Taking the form of a giant spectral dog, it is among the darkest omens in our world. It is an omen... of death,"

"Fucking hell!" Shouted Marlene

"Language!"

Harry peers into his cup. Staring at the dog shape.

"Hey, that looks like...." Remus quickly slapped a hand over James' mouth, glaring at him.

[The screen changes to show The twins, Hermione, and Ron making their way toward Hagrid's hut.]

"You don't think the grim face got anything to do with Sirius black do you?" Ron asks.

Sirius made a face at the screen.

"Oh, Honestly Ron. If you ask me, Divination's a very wooly discipline. Now Ancient Runes. That's a fascinating subject."