Chapter Eight - "It's Me Or Him"

Start from the beginning

Muichiro : I did, but what if he changed. I have to give him a chance.

Yuichiro let go of my shoulders.

Yuichiro : God you can be so stupid sometimes. Fine then, go! But don't come to me crying when he does something to you!

He yelled before walking away. I sighed and walked out of the house.

...

When me and Genya met. He greeted me while I just waved. We walked around the town while Genya was talking and I only awkwardly laughed and nodded.

We buyed ice cream and sat down on a bench at the park. We sat there in silence before Genya sat closer to me and laid his hand on mine. I didn't expect it so I flinched a bit which made Genya immediately apologize. "I-It's fine.." I managed to say after the whole time we were outside with each other.

Genya placed his hand over my shoulders and said

Genya : You finally said something, I felt a bit weird for being the only one talking

he laughed. "s-sorry" I apologized quietly.

Genya : It's fine, don't apologize. I understand and you suck at talking, plus I am glad that you at least hangout with me. I was worried that you would decline it.

He said pulling me closer.

Genya : There is one thing I wanted to talk to you about... If we go somewhere, where we will be alone. Will you be able to talk to me normally?

I hesitated for a second but eventually nodded. He smiled and stood up while holding my hand. I was a bit surprised by that but I let him hold my hand.

Later we walked into an alley that led to another part of the city. This part of the city was never as busy as the first, people were barely seen and seeing a car pass through here was pretty rare. Genya stopped and turned to look at me.

Genya : So there are actually two things....

He took a deep breath before saying something that made my heart stop.

Genya : I love you.

Muichiro : H-Huh?

Genya : Yup.. I love you so, so much and I can't live without you! I was so worried to confess because the thought of being rejected made me... scared.

Muichiro : ...c-can't live w-without me?

Genya : Just thinking of being rejected makes me think of life. How could I even live without someone like you.

I was shocked. I didn't know what to say. If I reject him... will he hurt himself?.. or worse.. kill himself?!

Genya : So? Do you love me too?

He asked. I looked at the ground and questioned "I could say I... love him back.. and pretend? I don't know what else to do. I-I don't feel anything towards him... I never felt anything towards anyone!" I looked at Genya and nodded slightly. Genya smiled and pulled me into a kiss. I could feel tears slowly building up in my eyes when I pulled away.