Chapter 1: Cracked Paradise

BOOK 2 OF THE WHITE WRAITH SERIES
WELCOME TO ALL SPECIES
(Unless you're Klarion, then get out of here.)

"Where did you put it?"

Kaldur moaned into his pillow in frustration. "Madison, shut up."

"Whhheeerrreeee?" She whined.

He angrily pulled her pillow out from under her head and put it over his ears. Madison repeated her question again and Kaldur threw his blanket over her face.

"I want it, now!" She whined.

"Oh my- What!?" Kaldur demanded. "What do you want!?"

"Cotton con-day!" She grinned, her eyes still closed.

"We don't have cotton candy. Go back to sleep. It's five in the morning and our day off! I want to sleep in!" He told her.

Madison's face twisted in disappointment. "No cotton candy?"

"No."

She huffed and turned around, becoming silent again. Kaldur sighed in relief and closed his eyes before falling back to sleep again.

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

"KALDUR!"

He jumped up in surprise, immediately pulling his water bearers from off the nightstand and pointing them at the dark silhouette in front of him.

"Rise and shine." Madison smirked, holding out a plate of eggs. "You like them over-easy right?"

"Yes." Kaldur nodded, grabbing and plate and sitting back down.

Madison plopped down next to me and shoved an egg in her mouth. Hr ate one of his and raised an eyebrow.

"So I thought you weren't good at cooking?"

She pointed at the trashcan. "It took a lot of tries. I'm surprised you didn't wake up when I was spraying the fire extinguisher."

"You caught something on fire!?" He demanded, looking around in panick.

"More like someone." She muttered, pulling at a black chunk of her sleeve.

Kaldur snorted. "That's karma for your sleep talking."

"Well you sleep while opening and closing your mouth like a fish. And it's really loud and annoying." Madison deflected.

"I do not!"

"You do too!" She insisted. "I have it on video! You just won't look at it because you think Robin edited it!"

"Because he did! That is the most stupid thing ever. There is no way I actually do that in my sleep." He decided, putting down his empty plate and standing up.

Madison glared. "I have proof!"

"Fake proof!"

Madison fell back against the bed with a huff as Kaldur started changing into his suit.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"9:23" He replied after a moment.

Madison stood up, changing her own clothes and throwing her cloak around her shoulders. Kaldur opened the blinds, revealing a private beach on a very small island.