Chapter 4 - You have Been Pardoned

Começar do início

He held out a hand for Riddle to shake. This was probably the most awkward encounter he'd had so far and he did not like it. And it was with Yuu's friend no less!

Riddle had an exasperated look before putting a light smile on his face and shaking Sora's hand. He lightly muttered, "I hope you can follow the rules." Before actually responding.

"You are correct, I am the housewarden of the Hearstlabyul dorm and Yuu's friend. My name is Riddle Rosehearts and it's nice to meet you as well." He retracted his hand and patted himself down.

"I hope you're having a good time at our Unbirthday Party, but I do wish I was informed of your appearance prior-"

"THE QUEEN OF HEARTS!!!!" Sora exclaimed and unintentionally jumped up from his seat as he pinpointed exactly what Riddle seemed to be, or rather represent.

Everyone turned to see what the commotion was about and noticed a boy who did not belong here in a similar fashion to Yuu. Everyone then began muttering to each other in discussion, sinking farther and farther away from their dorm leader.

And, just like that, Riddle's perfect day was ruined.

Riddle looked around at all the students as his face started to heat up. He looked at Trey and Trey instantly knew what was up. Riddle wanted to go off right then and there but he made a promise and restrained himself as much as possible.

"PLEase lower your voice." Was all he could get out without yelling.

Sora didn't notice anything at all. He was just relieved he had figured out what was bugging him. But the nagging feeling didn't subside once he did. He looked at Riddle, ignoring his slowly reddening face, and got lost in thought.

He was literally like the Queen of Hearts. It all made sense now! The card soldier dorm mates, the unbirthday party, the roses, all of it! Heck, everyone's outfits all matched the housewardens, whose outfit was extremely reminiscent of the Queen of Hearts. It felt like he was back in wonderland, though this time in a wacky all boy school + Yuu and a cat type of way.

So, just a little bit to the left.

Of course Sora was finally snapped out of his thoughts when Riddle spoke up. Thank Kingdom Hearts that worked or he'd be lost in thought for hours if he could.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I was just so happy that I realized something."

Riddle had risen up leaning above the table to look down at Sora as he continued.

"Do you uh know anything about the Queen of Hearts?" He asked.

Riddle was taken aback by the question. The Queen of Hearts? The Queen of Hearts? If Riddle wasn't mad about the outburst from the new kid he'd be giddy to share his extensive knowledge on the matter. Basically, his emotions were lightly canceled out. His mood was still lowered but, man, was he ready to infodump.

All the students had slowly quieted down to watch their housewarden behead this kid. Imagine their surprise when he happily started explaining their dorms entire history to the boy.

"Well, of course I know of the Queen of Hearts. I am very knowledgeable on that subject, I'll have you know. She was the most notable and influential Queen of the Queendom of Roses which is my homeland. Normally it would be off with your head for being so naive to our history, but you're new here so i'll let you off with a warning just this once. Now, she was mainly known for her vast rules..."

Sora nodded his head vigorously as he listened intently. Riddle started off sounding pretty boring at first. I mean, over 800 rules? And you had to memorize them?? Nooooo thank you. But then it got much more interesting as he went on about how she conducted her court with whoever broke her rules. How she had card soldiers to carry her every wish and whim. Everything he described was the exact Queen of Hearts he had known since the beginning.

----

Meanwhile, Yuu was attempting to play croquet with Ace, Deuce, and Grim while all of this was happening. They had no Idea that Sora had nearly ended the whole tea party immaturely, only to give Riddle the prime opportunity to talk his heart out with passion.

Yuu's main concern at the moment was not getting caught playing croquet during the main party without Riddle. Ace and Deuce had somehow eased them into agreeing to play ONE ROUND, which of course turned into two, then three, and so on.

The only time Yuu really noticed what was going on outside of their little secret game was when it had gotten much quieter.

"Guys do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"I think that's exactly what they mean, Deuce."

The trio looked towards Grim at first, only to see him sleeping from overeating. You could still see the frosting on his fur. Yuu definitely had to clean him later.

They exchanged looks and shook their heads before looking towards the main area. It was so quiet, but one voice could be heard: Riddle's.

"Oh no, I hope Sora didn't do anything. Watch Grim and clean this up."

Yuu motioned to the croquet match they were halfway through before gently putting the flamingo down and lightly running away.

"Hey! You can't make us clean up after you when you jokingly recommended this!!" Ace called after them.

"Yeah! And don't just leave us! Yuu!!!" Deuce sighed and let go of his flamingo. "Dude, I think we should go help out"

"Or, we can stay here and not incur more of our housewardens wrath, which seems like the better option."

Ace shrugged and continued to swing his flamingo. The hedgehog easily missed his goal.

"Aww man."

A/N

Merry Christmas!!!