New Lives

It had been two weeks since Stefan and Caroline got married. They were still happily enjoying their honeymoon while Elena had tried to adjust to her new life. Or to the old life that she thought she had years ago. To her the life that she had didn't exist anymore. It was hard for her to truly think after her magical coma of 4 years that life would be the same. She was still the same person that she always was. Yet, she wasn't. Because she was asleep for 4 years.

Damon had looked at his girlfriend sleeping in his arms while he had thought of all the things he had done due to Sybil and her influence on him. Thinking that his life was somehow very much different than anything else now that Elena was back also made him think of an eternity with her. But he hadn't known if she would ever forgive him for what he had done to everyone. He saw as Elena had slightly moved and looked at him while she had smiled and cuddled into his chest. Damon had smiled as he wrapped his arms around Elena's body and kissed her forehead while he heard her breathing.

"Somehow this is the most perfect things that we have," Damon said as Elena had smiled.

"I have wanted this for so long. To feel you. To hug you. To just feel your lips against mine," Elena said as Damon thought back of the last 4 years.

"What happened back there on the other side?" Damon asked as Elena had exhaled.

"It was dark and cold. And scary. I never want to experience it again," Elena said.

"And you won't. I promise you won't ever have to experience that again in your life. You're safe," Damon said holding her tighter as Elena looked up at him.

"I always have been when I'm with you. I don't care what happened when I was gone, Damon. What someone else made you do. When you had your humanity switched off. That doesn't matter to me. I love you, Damon, and nothing can change that," Elena said.

"I love you. But I killed Tyler and Stefan killed Enzo," Damon said.

"That is something between your brother and Bonnie. I didn't know who Enzo was. Not that well. Damon, I just want us to be together. That is all that I want," Elena said.

"And we are. We'll always be together," Damon said as he had kissed Elena.