Chapter 6 | Fire

Previous Chapter:

"Ladies and gents, I have gathered you all here today to announce our independence from the rest of the smp."
_________________

Gasps were heard from all over the ballroom. Nobody has ever challenged Dream's rule, and got out of it alive. Everyone's eyes darted towards Dream's way as he exited the building with George trailing behind. Sapnap had hesitantly walked off before stealing a glance at you.

'That was easy?' You thought to yourself until you heard crackling behind you.

In an instant the back of the room began to burn in flames, earning screams and cries from the people before you.

"EVERYONE OUT NOW, THERE'S A FIRE!" Wilbur yelled.

People were in coughing fits and running out through the door, tripping over each other. You, Techno and Wilbur had stayed behind ensuring everyone got out of the room before it had collapsed.

This was Sapnap's doing, and you weren't going to let him get away with this.

As you and Techno hurried out, you realized Wilbur was nowhere in sight.

"WHERE'S WILBUR?!" You yelled eyeing through the crowd.

You couldn't let Wilbur die, he was like a- no he was your brother. Without a second thought you began to run to the burning building, before getting your wrists pulled back.

Looking behind you, you saw Techno with pleading eyes.

"Don't go y/n" his voice cracked.

"I have to..." yanking your wrists from his grip you ran back into the burning building, frantically looking for Wilbur.

It felt as if you were suffocating from the amount of smoke and heat that was radiating from the old building. The ceiling above you was falling down. Your lungs had filled with smoke as your vision slowly became blurry, seeing a glimpse of someone running towards you.

Sapnap's POV:

"Burn it Sapnap." Dream spoke harshly.

"Dream, I can't. Couldn't we just talk it out like civil humans-" I pleaded, not wanting to harm anyone, especially the girl from earlier.

"Sapnap. It wasn't a fucking request, it was a order. BURN IT NOW." He was getting impatient.

Dream never let anyone disrespect him or question his reign in the slightest. L'manberg inviting him to this ball just to ask for independence was threatening to Dream.

He wasn't always like this though. Before his quest for infinite power, he was actually quite a humble and fair man. I don't know where it changed but it was apparent to everyone now.

Not wanting to suffer a bad fate, I lit the building on fire. It immediately roared and spread, and not long after screams were heard.

"In the tree." Dream said. We stood on the branches of the tree watching the civilians run out of the building.

But I couldn't care for anyone other than that one specific girl. I frantically scanned through the crowd looking for her. I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding when I saw her following after Techno.

She was alright.

My relief was short-lived as she screamed for Wilbur and ran back into the burning building. A couple seconds later Wilbur showed up behind Techno, she was stuck. I quickly stood up as someone grabbed my hand.

"What are you doing Sapnap?!" George whisper-yelled, "don't go down there."

"I have to." I quickly jumped down and ran into the building, hearing sobs from the crowd behind me.

Y/n POV again:

"Princess- you're okay, I'm here, you're okay." the man reassured me through his own coughs.

"Sapnap..?" I said weakly.

"I'm here it's okay," he said while picking me up bridal style to the front of the building.

Behind us the building crumbled to nothing as people around us started to put out the fire with buckets of water.

"Hey hey, princess, how are you. Are you okay?" Sapnap questioned worryingly as he put me down lightly on the grass, while people surrounded us.

I wanted to reassure him and thank him for saving me but a burst of anger overcame me. Why was I thanking him? HE did this. It was all him, he was known for destruction and fire.

As I tried to cough the rest of the smoke out of my lungs. I whispered to him quietly.

"Sapnap..." before I could say anything else I grabbed the dagger that I put in my garter and quickly flipped Sapnap over so I was sitting on his lap.

I quickly held the dagger to his throat holding his hands above his hand with all my weight. His cheeks became pink, either from me or the fire. Freak.

"W- what are you doing y/n.." he said shakingly.

__________________
A lot of inspiration was taken from The Greatest Showman for this chapter when Zac Efron goes to save Zendaya. Anyways, y/n is hot