The Coming Storm

A snowstorm at Brunswick Farms. The wind is howling, "I don't get it. The empty towns I've passed through were all damaged or unfinished. But this place looks... fine."

Team RWBY, Qrow, Oscar, you, and Maria arrive at the porch of a residence. Weiss is shivering as she wraps her arms around her to keep herself warm, "Maybe everyone left in a hurry. Before things took a turn?"

Qrow tries to open the door, only to notice it was locked, "Hmm. Stay on guard." Qrow kicks the door open; everyone proceeds forward with their weapons drawn. They cautiously look around the place, "Close the door already! It's cold enough in here as it is."

You and Oscar push a nearby drawer to block the door, "I saw a chimney from the outside. Maybe we could get a fire going?"
"Please. I'll look for some blankets."
"Yang, go with her."

Ruby lingers by the entrance hall for a bit while the others look around. Oscar opens a door, "Looks like a study. Or, a library?"

Ruby walks forward to notice a group of pictures on the wall of the family that owns Brunswick Farms. Blake walks up next to her, "What do you think?"
"Something doesn't feel right."
"Let's look for some-"

Suddenly, a high-pitched scream; it was Weiss. You ran up the stairs with everyone following you, "Wiess!"

You turned the corner of a hallway and witnessed what Wiess saw, a couple deceased on the bed. You acted quickly, grabbing Wiess and Yang out of the room and shutting the door behind them. "What happened?" You stared in the door, making sure Wiess and Yang didn't look back in.

"Take them downstairs." You stood up; Wiess was still clinging to your sleeve. Ruby and Blake led their teammates back to the living room as Qrow stayed back. 

"I'm going to take a sweep on the grounds." You mumbled. Qrow objected, "No, you stay here and watch everyone else; I'll go." Before Qrow left the room to take hold of his hand.
"Qrow, I'm sorry."
"Hey, I know you were following orders; not like you could say no to him." Qrow places his hand on your shoulder, "Considering what you went through, I understand why you are the way you are."

You watch Qrow leave the room as Ajin manifests behind you. You began to go through the closets, luckily finding extra blankets, "What could have happened here?"
Ajin began making mumbled words, "Feelings... Sadness..." You were trying to figure out what was being said, "No, Ajin. It's regret."
You leaned to the wall, "Maybe... It's time to go... home." You shook your head, "Vale is currently in ruins; there is no home." Ajin walks in front of you, "Not here... Home, where you belong." Your eyes widened as Ajin stayed quiet, "I can't leave yet; I promised not to. At least not until Salem is dealt with." You spoke while collecting blankets when a voice echoed in your head, 'Saint.' The voice was unrecognizable; you didn't know where it was coming from.

Ignoring the voice, you went downstairs, handing the blankets to Blake, "Have they calmed down?" You asked worryingly, "Yang has, but Weiss..."
You turned to Ruby, "I'll see if there are more blankets."

Before you could turn around, a hand gripped your pants leg. You looked down, seeing whose hand it had belonged to, "Weiss?"
"Can you stay here for a bit?"
You nod, taking a seat next to her, "Of course."

Weiss lays her head on your lap. "Would you like me to calm you down?"

She nods as you place your hand on her head. Ruby sits on the other side of you as Blake and Yang sit on the couch. "Pride in myself was something I swore would never die.
Gaining respect means giving up a past life
The illusion crafted by my arrogance
Had protected me from the wrong that I couldn't admit.