💚last farewell❤️

"Promise, after graduating from school you wouldn't forget me even though distance and time separate us ," I stuck out my little finger in front of nanon .

Nanon hooked his pinky in agreement.  Then, he smiled meaningfully, as if he understood what I really meant.  He has been my best friend since we entered BBS high school.  And now we are both in our third year, more precisely, the year of graduation.  Because tomorrow we will all graduate.  Nanon decided to continue her education in London.  While I myself chose to stay in Thailand.  My parents did not allow their only son to go far.  They love me too much.

"Phi ohm , let's celebrate this graduation," Nanon's voice interrupted my thoughts.  I turned around and grabbed his finger.

Nanon looks so excited, he babbles all the way to the beach.  Occasionally I respond to his chatter, but I concentrate more on the road.  A lot of sharp turns that are dangerous if I turn away just a little.  Nanon was excited because I only responded with the word 'Oh' and a simple smile.  He started tickling my stomach.  I'm not silent, I reply with the same thing.  Because I was busy with nnn I didn't see a car from another direction, when I tried to avoid the car, we actually hit a roadblock and our car fell into a ravine.  After that everything was dark.  Empty.

***

I looked at him sharply, a young man sobbed in front of the mirror.  I don't know what he was thinking.  It seems that the burden of life is very heavy.

He washed his face then plopped down on the bed.  Before long his eyes closed, he fell asleep without a blanket, even his sleeping position was irregular.  A cat climbs onto the bed.  The cat looked at me, I came closer and stroked his head.

"At least there is you who is faithful to accompany him," I whispered.

As if hearing what I said to the cat.  That man woke up, he smiled seeing his  favourite cat beside him.  The young man sat cross-legged and stroked the cat affectionately and then went into the living room.  His cell phone rang several times.  He laughed for a moment after that he changed his clothes and left the house.

He entered a cafe, he ordered two caffe lattes to take home.  Not home, rather he sat pensively in the garden.  Look at the photo of a couple boys  wearing the same uniform.  His lips were smiling, but tears of sadness rolled down his cheeks.

After a while, he returned home again.  Sitting for long in front of the piano without playing it at all.  The young man was pensive again, he opened a book lying on the piano.  Several songs were written there in handwriting.  The young man began to press the piano keys, a song with a slow rhythm brought him to sweet's memories from his high school days.  The time when he secretly loves a boy, a boy who prefers to be his best friend than his lover.  Everything is clearly seen from the lyrics of the song sung while playing the piano. His eyes opened again, he stared at the photo on the piano.  It was the same photo he had seen on his cell phone. He took out his cell phone and called someone.  The corners of his lips lifted as the phone line connected.  His burst of laughter filled the room.

I'm happy to see that he's back to being happy like he used to be.  I stroked his head slowly.

"Stay like this always cute dimple, don't be sad anymore. I say goodbye."

Slowly my shadow disappeared as his laughter increasingly boomed in his house.

It's enough that I've been a guardian angel for him all this time. I'm sorry nanon, I can't accompany you forever.  I have fulfilled my promise.  Goodbye.

***

Nnn was pensive after the phone call was cut off, he seemed to feel something was missing inside his heart.

"Phi ohm, I miss you. Hope you rest in peace there, I love you."  Nnn said in sobs.

Since the car accident, ohm sacrificed himself to save nnn.  Even though ohm was gone, he was always by nnn's side.  He was worried because since then nnn never smiled again.  And when he saw nnn smiling and even laughing out loud, his worries were gone.  His duty as guardian angel was completed.

"Smile more na phuen, I love you nanon".