Chapter 10

I woke up to the sun filtering through the crack of the curtains, the light shining directly onto my face. I huffed and rolled over, coming face to face with Toto who was still asleep. He looked peaceful, his face not contorted at all. His hair was messy atop his head and his shirtless chest poking out above the duvet.

I took the time to admire him. His built arms were gripping the blanket, holding it around his waist tightly. His chest was perfectly chiseled and free of any hair. After last nights kiss, something within me had shifted the way I viewed Toto. I always knew he was attractive, but now I saw the extremely alluring side of him.

Amidst my appreciation of Toto in all of his sleeping glory, I had failed to notice that the Austrian man was asleep and beginning to grin. "Bärchen, did no one tell you it is rude to stare?" He announces, startling me as my wandering eyes darted up towards his face. My cheeks were immediately a burning shade of red.

"Good morning Toto." I beam back at him and take the time to admire the crinkles that had gathered around his eyes thanks to the smile that was consuming his features. "Did you sleep well?"

"Not as good as Bahrain, but I dreamt well." His smile had turned into a smirk and I immediately covered my face with the blanket. I hear shuffling of Toto getting up and the bathroom door closing. I reach over for my phone and notice I had a message from Lewis.

Lewis

Morning loser. Breakfast?

Me

Morning to you too sunshine. Sounds good. Lobby in 15?

He sends back a thumbs up and I get up. Walking over to my bag, I grab out my pair of blue mom jeans and a black hooded jumper. I pair it with a white oversized jacket and scarf and air force ones. I quickly change, making sure the shower was still running and Jack was still passed out in the crib only meters away.

As I was tying up my shoelaces, Toto emerged from the bathroom and I quickly walked in to apply some makeup and brush my hair and teeth. Walking out, Toto had a blue button down on with a pair of black pants. "I am going to breakfast with Lewis." I declare my plans to him and he quickly peers over at me.

"You look awfully dressed up. Is it a date?" By the tone of his voice, I could tell he was trying to make it sound as if he were joking, but an underlying tone made me believe he was also curious to know if it was or not.

"Maybe." I wink and he quickly looks back down at his phone. I walk over and put my hand on his shoulder. "Jack is still asleep so once he wakes you are welcome to come and join." He looks up at me with an expression that made me weak. "We still have to bike around Imola. You promised."

He nodded and then resumed replying to the emails on his phone. I grabbed my bag and walked out the door, heading to the elevator to get to the restaurant. As the door opens, I see Lewis smiling down at his phone.

"Good morning buddy!" He startles before smiling and pulling me in for a hug. He greets me quickly and we walk out of the elevator and towards the hotels restaurant. We are seated in a more private area and they immediately come over to take our orders. Our beverage orders quickly arrive and I take a moment to truly appreciate the coffee, while Lewis enjoys his tea.

"Good race yesterday. Was a stressful one to watch." I admit, proud of what my friend had accomplished yesterday in the race after all the obstacles that were thrown their way.

"It ended better than I ever thought it would." He shrugs, not one to ever gloat in his success. "Toto was pretty keen to get back to the hotel though. Didn't even stay for a celebratory glass of champagne." His smirk was hinting that there was a reason Toto wanted to leave so quickly. I roll my eyes and know that he is insinuating his usual 'Toto likes you' act.