Usually I would pretend to throw up because of their PDA, but when I thought of Blaine and I being in their position, my heart warmed.

PDA for the win. Suck it, singles.

"Also, we're here to warn you." Eli said, suddenly looking serious. "It turns out that the police has had a new secret division which none of our boys are in. They're targeting the crime families, including ours."

I straightened up slightly, while Eli continued. "We only know because we sent one of Leon's guys into the police a year or so ago, and he'd recently got promoted to work on this specific case. He couldn't take pictures, since the room's monitored heavily, but he remembers seeing Blair, Avy, and you on their lists."

I frowned. This was just a headache begging to arrive. "Is it a confirmed list or?"

"No. It's one for speculation, so I suggest.." Eli looked at Leon for confirmation, and the man stared back blankly at the boy. "..I suggest that you supply extra budget for the family in advance, and lie low, until things die down.

"We don't think it poses any actual threat to the family, but it's going to be troublesome, which isn't ideal, given that Blair is out of the country and you have Blaine right now. I think we need to give him time to adjust, so it's better if you're not involved in this case.

"We ran a background check on the employees in your main branch, and none of them are from the police, for now. Take extra caution when there's a transfer, okay? The spy we have told us that the police were going to send one or two of their people into every company they found suspicious.

"We'll have to pressure the government a little bit. While we're not as "evil" as other families, we're dangerous enough for them to want to act against us, but that's where the blackmail comes in handy. By the way, if you wanna bring Blaine around our..establishments, just avoid the main branch, the other resorts are free game, okay?"

Eli let out a little sigh, and he seemed pleased for talking so much.

Given his prior training as a slave, he was pretty much mute when we first met him. Leon coaxed him for months on end that it was okay to talk to people other than him without his permission, and only then did he start improving in his speech.

I wasn't going to lie, it was pretty heartwarming to see his progress in person after a long time.

"Wow, Eli," I laughed. "Never seen you talk so much for so long. Good for you."

"Thanks!" He chirped happily, contently staying in Leon's arms, who was giving him head pats.

__________

By the time I fixed up breakfast for the couple, Blaine was already awake. I went upstairs to check on him, and found him biting his nails, evidently distressed.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked, carefully removing his fingers from his mouth. He stared at me with reddened eyes, and gripped my hand tightly, as if I were an apparition.

"Could.." Blaine looked so aggrieved, I felt bad for going downstairs. "Could you not leave me alone i-in the morning, please?"

"Of course, precious. I'm sorry. I wanted to fix you some breakfast, is all." I replied, kissing his forehead. "Oh, and, please don't panic. Two of my family members are here right now."

"H-Huh?!"

He panicked.

By the time he had calmed down enough, Leon and Eli were already setting the table.

"Hello.." Blaine opened, uncertainly.

The couple's eyes suddenly focused on him, and he looked like he wanted to hide behind me, but he didn't. God, I'm so proud of him.