𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 2

ابدأ من البداية

Since she doesn't get up early in the morning on work days to eat breakfast, she has to in the afternoon. Shortly after grabbing their food, she headed down to the station. She parked her car in her usual spot, grabbed her things, and hopped out and made her way into the building.

She greeted everyone as she walked through the hallway. She stopped at Carter's office and sent a knock on the door before going in. And there he was sitting in his chair talking Calvin and Candice ears off. The four of them were your favorite quartet. When they come together, it's nothing but good vibes and laughs.

"What's this fool in here talking about?" Nina asked, placing the food down on the desk. She just knew Carter was in here talking about some nothing and making a big deal out of it like it was something. He was the definition of dramatic.

"Girl not nothing, he just wanted to hear himself talk like always" Candice chuckled, shaking her head. "Anyways, Chief is looking for you. He told us to tell you to come down to his office. I think he's going to assign you the case from yesterday"

"Um, she knows that already" Carter cleared his throat, tearing the bag of food open "And I'm gone help her solve it, cause I'm who? Detective James Carter. Solving cases is my middle name" he stated, bowing his head playfully causing everyone to burst into laughter.

"Man you couldn't even solve the last cast Chief gave you" Calvin smacked his lips, waving him off "You should let Nina have this one herself, I'm pretty sure she doesn't need any help. She's the second best female detective here. Solving cases is indeed her middle name my brother"

"Oh shut up man! I solved more cases than you" Carter retorted, waving him back off. Nina just laughed and ate her food in silence, listening to the both of them go back and forth. This was an everyday thing here at work with them. "What's so funny?" He glanced at Nina.

"Nothing," she held her hands up in surrender. "Just eating my sandwich."

"Well, hurry up and eat your sandwich and head down to the Chief office and get the information we need about the case so we can start working on this right now!" Carter commanded, clapping his hands "Chop chop!"

"Who do you think is rushing her?" Candice mugged.

"I can do that! We're partners. Mind your business G.I," he retorted, waving her off. Nina almost spat her food out hearing such out of line remarks. No way did he call her that, it completely caught her off guard.

"Not G.I as in G.I Jane. Mane that was a good one." Calvin chuckled, falling over the desk.

"I know you didn't! That was not funny Carter!" She snapped, lifting up from the seat and throwing away her trash. Yes he was a funny guy, but sometimes he went overboard and she didn't like it. "You cool girl?" She glanced at Candice who stood with her lips tucked in, nodding her head.

That must've really hurt her feelings. Usually she had a clap back for everything Carter said.

"I'm good." She replied.

"That was so mean, apologize right now!" Nina smacked Carter's arm. He looked at her and smacked her lips, resulting in her smacking him again, this time on the head "I said apologize, you know that was a mean thing to say!"

"You know he ain't going to, the man is hilarious." Calvin added.

"I'll deal with him later." She said pointing at him before heading out the door and down the hall to the Chief office. She lifted her hand up to knock on the door, but some loud fussing could be heard from inside. She took a step back and stood still, trying to listen to what was going on. She wasn't nosey, but since she was here, might as well.