Yeah Jess is it a date?

Authors Note: This was the first story I had in mind when I started this Do over thread but for some reason I couldn't perfect it. I wrote it a bit different than the rest and hope that you don't completely hate it. It's kind of written like a tv script. Just because I had a lot of dialogue and throught this would be easier to read. Please tell me your thoughts promise to post a new story by the end of the week with the famous "Come with me" scene with a twist of course.

This one takes place during Liz's wedding and though I could've added Rory and Jess in more places there was some sacred Luke and Lorelai that I just couldn't take away from this episode.

DoOver Five: ( Last Week Fights, This Week Tights) Yeah Jess is it a date?

OUTSIDE THE GILMORES

(Lorelai and Rory were walking out of the mansion)

LORELAI: I can't belive I haven't made her crack yet. Why can't she just tell me the pretty family picture has dispersed?

RORY: Because it's probably hard on her and it should be hard on you

LORELAI: So since mommy is going to have divorced parents soon will you come keep her company?

RORY: Have you not been listening to my complaints about noon final?

LORELAI: Yes yes I promise I will put many alarms for you to be there. And I won't disrupt your studying tonight.

(Rory ponders for a moment)

RORY: No interruptions

LORELAI'S HOUSE

(Rory is sitting on her bed with many books around her. There's a knock on her window. Her eyes widen as she unlocks her window)

JESS: Hey

(he cracks a shy smile and stuffs his hands in his leather jacket)

RORY: What do you want Jess? I'm busy studying I don't have time for this...for you

JESS: I just wanted to see you. To talk to you (she wraps her robe around her body and stares at him) Luke gave me this book, that I'm sure he read first cause he finally asked your mom out

RORY: A book?

JESS: A self help book...on love

(Rory bites her lip trying not to laugh)

JESS: And trust me it wasn't the first on my wanting to read material but it made me realize. A lot actually.

RORY: Well your speaking more

JESS: it does talk a lot about communication and I guess I came to apologize

RORY: Apologize?

JESS: I did everything wrong Rory. It's been a year, a year since I should've taken you to prom, I should've been at your graduation, I should've helped you move into your dorm -

RORY: (interrupts) I don't need a recap I was there too.

JESS: And the last time I was here. Not my finest moment.

RORY: What you said wasn't too bad...well if you meant it.

JESS: I did. (silence) and um with all of that I wanted to invite you to Liz's wedding

RORY: You just expect me to drop everything and go with you tomorrow?

JESS: I know it's last minute and I would've invited you sooner but I didn't think you'd say yes

RORY: What makes you think I will now?

JESS: I don't think that. But I hope you will

RORY: I have a noon final