𝘌𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

"Sam can you get the door?" Tristan called down the hall, she could hear Sam groan in protest.

       "Tristan, it's your golden retriever!" Sam called up the stairs as a few light taps came at her own door.

       "Come in." She replied to the knock. Kit entered, and shut the door softly behind him.

"I get to see miss americana two days in a row. What a treat." Kit chuckled, sitting down on the floor next to Tristan. Her hair was hanging straight around her face and she was wearing pajama pants and a hoodie.

"This is the most social interaction i've had since like, I was 14." Tristan laughed, Kit smiled at her.

"So, what's up?" Kit asked. Tristan scooter closer to him to show him her notebook with lyrics, Kit suddenly felt very aware of how close they were. Both of their hearts picking up at the close proximity.

"This line right here, sitting in the backseat, we're driving so fast. We're living in a daydream, it's too good to last, I use the first two sentences in the very beginning...." She pointed with a pencil to the top of the page. "But then i'm using then again but finishing it differently down here. Is that too repetitive?" Tristan asked him, looking up slowly. She didn't realize how close they were until that moment, his eyes flickered to her lips and he licked his own.

"I-I think it sounds good. You should, uhm, try playing it all together to know for sure." Kit suggested, he reached next to him and picked up her guitar. Kit read the notebook over a fee times and then readied to play. "I play, you sing. Ready?" Tristan nodded. Kit started to play while she sang, and together they worked out the kinks in the song over the course of a few hours.

"Wow, that sounds so much better when you play it." Tristan said.

        "I know." Kit shrugged, Tristan tossed the pillow she had been laying on at him. "Hey! Watch the guitar!" He joked.

      "Do you think this is like, post worthy? Like put it out on youtube, spotify, and apple music worthy?" Tristan asked him. Kit smiled and nodded excitedly.

       "Absolutely! I can come over tomorrow, since it's getting late, and help you record it and put it out." Kit replied. Tristan was practically beaming, and Kit loved it.

       "Sorry I kept you so late, you can leave now if you want." Tristan said, picking up her things and starting to put away her notebooks and pencils.

       "Yeah, I should probably go. Homeschool calls tomorrow." Kit shrugged, Tristan sighed.

      "I forgot that I start homeschooling tomorrow." Tristan said.

        "Course you did. See you tomorrow night then?" Kit asked, standing. Tristan nodded and followed him down to the front door. He turned to the door to open it, then stopped and looked back at her. It only took a second for him to pull her into his embrace. It was warm and strong. They stood hugging each other for maybe a minute, maybe less, Kit couldn't tell when he pulled away. "Sorry." He blushed, though it was too dark to tell.

"Don't apologize, you goof. Good night Kit." Tristan watched his smile at her then leave.