Chapter Thirteen, Secrets Revealed

Comincia dall'inizio

Things. I felt angry, they were more than things. "I-I can handle it!" I objected.

"You sure? What are you going to do when it corrupts you?" He asked.

"I-I won't get c-corrupted," I smiled, "I promise."

My mother grabbed my fathers shoulder, "Let them, I-I believe they can do it." She smiled.

"Fine." He said, staring at me.

I pulled out my weapon, though I knew it was only for show. I rushed up the stairs.

"Yell if you need backup!" My brother shouted as I rushed to my room.

I opened the door, closing it pretty quietly. I stared, Cubic backed up against the wall. He had a petrified look in his eyes, one I had never seen before. The claws from his back extended, he shook and stared at me. It took him a moment to recognize me, the look in his eyes told me everything I needed to know.

I reached out to him, grabbing his shoulders with my hands, being as soft as I could. He pulled away, a little aggressively. He was afraid, even of me. I stared for a second before smiling nervously.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't know they'd- that they'd find you... I didn't think they'd try and hurt you..." I sighed, feeling more than guilty. He stared back at me, a distrusting look in his eyes, tear marks coming down from both, "Look, W-We need to hide you somewhere. I don't want them to- to come up here and, y'know..." I looked away.

He nodded in response, although still a little afraid. I paused, before looking around my room. Perfect. Not even a single scratch on the wall. I rushed over to my table, throwing things to the floor.

Cubic tilted his head, "Why are you doing that?" He asked, his voice still a little shaky.

"O-Oh, I need to make it look like a fight happened so they don't get suspicious." I smiled.

He stared for a second, before joining me. We both wrecked the room together, throwing things and knocking them over. I rushed over to the window after, sliding it open. I looked out into the yard, the shed in the distance was our only hope. I beckoned for him to come over, and he did.

I pointed out into the frozen field, "Get to the shed, no one will check in there." I whispered.

He nodded, silently climbing out of the window. He looked back up at me one more time before dropping down into the snow, running off towards the far end of the field. I turned, the winter cold was freezing. I summoned some of my weapons, throwing them into the walls before falling over with a scream.

I sat on the floor, as my parents and brother rushed in. I got back up, they all surrounded me.

"A-are you okay?" My dad asked, "Did that monster-"

"No, He- He just got away." I lied, pretending to breathe heavily.

"Oh thank God." My mother reached out to me, tears in her eyes, "I wouldn't want- want what happened last time to-"

"Yeah," I cut her off, "I wouldn't want it either, he almost got me, too. " I showed a fake cut in my shirt, barely missing me.

They hugged me, all of them. Their worry turned to calm when they realized I was fine. My father pulled away, a gruff look in his eyes.

"If I ever see that damn demon again, I'm gonna make him look a lot less pretty." He growled.

I looked away as the rest of them laughed at that. I couldn't laugh thinking about him being hurt more.

I hope he's okay.

They all let me go after a while, and I pulled myself back up, shaking a little before steadying myself. I looked over to my mom, a smile on her face.

"Hey, can I go try to see where he went?"

"I- are you sure? I don't think it's a good idea. What if that thing is just waiting out in the treeline, ready to attack somewhere?" She asked, trying to persuade me.

"I'll be fine. I survived him once, I can do it again." I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Okay, but be safe out there." She said,

"I will!" I smiled, leaving my room and going out the front door.

I walked beside the house, before going into the direction of the shed. I stared, footprints being covered by a faint layer of snow already leading to it. I started walking, the wind picking up slightly.

I got to the door, knocking on it before opening it softly. It made a squeaking sound, the rust on the hinges starting to affect it finally. I looked inside, Cubic curled up in the corner, slightly shivering and crying. I walked inside, causing him to turn quickly. The tear mark from his other eye was wiped away as he sat up, trying to seem strong.

"O-Oh, hey..." he stared at me.

"Hi!" I nervously smiled back, trying to reassure him it was okay.

"I-I didn't hear you come in..." he looked away.

I walked over and sat down right next to him, smiling sadly. He was so afraid, so scared. I reached out, putting a hand on his back. He tensed at the touch, but seemed to calm down afterwards.

"Why did you come out here?" He asked, a look in his eyes I've never seen before.

"Oh, well..." I looked away, the feeling of heat resonating off my cheeks. "I- uh- you're still hurt, and I want you to get better."

"Why would you do that?"

"Because I care about you." I said, pretty bluntly, a smile on my face.

"You- You care about me...?" He spoke, uncertainty in his words.

"Yeah!" I hugged him, causing him to flinch away. I stared, a confused look in his eyes. "A-are you okay?" I asked, a little worried.

"I- Yeah..." he looked off.

I hugged the corrupt again, and this time he didn't flinch. He slowly hugged back, pressing himself into my warmth. I touched him, noticing how cold he felt. Almost freezing. I had to help him. I pulled away, and he stared at me. His eyes had an almost iridescent quality to them, many shades of black and pink. I couldn't help but stare. I looked at him after a while, his face a deeper tint of pink.

"I-I should get home," I stuttered, "I wouldn't want them to get suspicious." I smiled.

"Yeah... " he responded, still staring at me.

I got up to the door, closing it behind me. I started walking through the falling snow, everything feeling a bit more slow. A bit more peaceful. I walked around my home, to the front door. I opened it, staring into my home. My family stared back, all of them looking a little worried.

"Did you find 'em?" My brother asked.

"No, I couldn't find them." I lied.

They all seemed to calm down, staring at me. I walked past them, going up to my room.

I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight.