Chapter 18: Recharge

"Come Alan go faster!" Serena cheered, bouncing in her seat. "We've got to bet the others."

Chuckling, Alan pushes Thunderbird 3 to its limits. The Rocket flew through the air smoothly; Tracy Island coming into view, both Thunderbird 1 and 2 left behind as the twins raced forward, Scott catching on.

"Last one there, has to do the dishes for a week." Scott challenged.

"Well, you better put on your rubber gloves now." Alan chirped, lowering Thunderbird 3 into its hanger.

"Yes, we made it." She cheered, seeing the familiar greenery that surrounded her home.

"You guys go for it." Virgil calmly stated. "I'm just glad to be home."

Peering as best as she could, Serena caught a glimpse of Thunderbird 1 streaking past them. "Scott's here."

"We're almost down," Alan reassured, carefully maneuvering Thunderbird 3 down.

"Hey, just because I'm docked with old slowpoke here, doesn't mean I'm sharing dish duty!" Gordon loudly complained.

Serena felt Thunderbird 3 slow down and come to a stop. Raising her right hand up, the twins slapped hands, smiling at their victory of being the first to arrive home after a gruelling mission.

"Yeah! Ha-ha. First!" They cheered in unison.

Their chairs pulled back connecting to a lift that allowed them to touch the ground before returning the chairs back up to the lounge where fresh uniforms waited for their next mission.

Hoping out of her seat, Serena caught sight of Thunderbird 1 slowly descending in the hanger. Even at a faraway distance, she could still feel the smouldering heat coming from its engines.

"Thunderbird 1, coming in for a landing," Scott announced.

"Thunderbird 2 and 4, back to launch and technically speaking my body entered the hanger first." Virgil cheekily said.

"Well, we have our winner, Gordon."

Chuckling at one of her brother's unfortunate misfortune, Serena thought about what they could have for dinner, as it's her turn to Cook.

She heard Gordon groan unhappily over the comms, clearly amused by his displeasure. "Ah, dishes here I come. Better not be lasagne tonight. Please, Serena ." He begged.

Snorting, she rolled her eyes at how dramatic Gordon can be sometimes. The familiar sound of Scott racing up to both her and Alan coming to her left side.

"Is it?" He asked hopefully a teasing smirk on his face.

Thinking for a moment, she shook her head; slightly deflating her two brothers' joy." Nah, I think tonight is just something a bit light. How does, creamy tomato soup and garlic bread, sound?"

"That," Paused Scott, taking his own time to ponder before replying. "That sounds like a better adulteration."

"I'm not a huge fan of tomatoes but when you make your famous soup, then I love it." Alan agreed, looking forward to Dinner. "Oooo! Can we have cheesy garlic bread?"

"We'll have both and for dessert how about some jam drops with some sleepy tea?"

"Yes, please!" Announced Virgil, joining the three, grabbing a hold of her shoulder and gently squeezing them.

"All right then, it's decided." She chirped.

Jumping into the change room, Serena quickly peeled off her IR uniform. Replacing it with her casual clothes, letting out a big yawn as she tied the chequered top around her hips.