Chapter 35: Move Out!

Start from the beginning

Anko shook her head. "Seriously, do you even know what you're saying? I know you're enthusiastic about missions, but going on something like that without even a proper explanation is just unreasonable!"

Fuu raised her voice hesitantly. "Um, sensei, I don't think..."

Right at that time, there was a loud knock on the window of the Hokage chamber. Everyone's head turned towards the source of the noise, and they all blinked when they saw a toad slapping its webbed hand at the glass.

"Gamaden?" Jiraiya hastily opened the window to let the toad in. "Why are you here?"

"Naruto sent me here to report to you about the mission in Sunagakure, sir!" the toad answered while jumping into the room. "The invasion of Sunagakure has been repelled, but turned out it was just a ruse of the Akatsuki to prevent us from assisting Kirigakure when their leader attacked the village!"

Shock spread through everyone in the room.

After a few seconds of silence, Anko was the one who spoke first.

"So, what are you still waiting for? All of you, go prepare and meet up in front of the Main Gate in one hour!"

"Yes, sensei!"

After the two teams had left the room, Jiraiya looked at his teacher. "Do you think it's wise to let these two teams go like that? I mean, it's Nagato we're talking about here; who knows what he'd learnt from the loss against us after three years? Maybe I should go with them..."

Hiruzen shook his head. "I cannot let you be away from the village right now; three of the most powerful teams in the village, including both of our jinchuriki, have been mobilized. If you're away now and the Akatsuki suddenly changes their target again, we're not going to be able to defend against them."

Then the Hokage suddenly stood up from his chair. "But don't worry; I'm not planning to let them go alone."

Teuchi Ichiraku's face brightened up when he realized the man who had just walked into his ramen shop.

"Hokage-sama! What an honor! How can I help you?"

Hiruzen smiled pleasantly while pulling a stool and sat down. "Ah, what else but to have a bite of your delicious ramen? One of the usual, please, Teuchi-san?"

The ramen chef laughed. "Of course, of course! One bowl of deluxe miso ramen, coming right up!"

"Oh and by the way, is Itachi here?" Suddenly, the Hokage asked. Teuchi blinked.

"Well, yes he is; he's at the back preparing the food. Is there any problem?"

The Hokage's eyes twinkled. "Oh, nothing. It's just that I want him to deliver some ramen to Kirigakure. A bowl of Red Moon ramen with naruto on top. The one I want him to send it to is named... Pain. There might be dangers on the way, so I already assigned two teams to go with him, but it might be wiser of him if he prepared weapons, just in case."

Teuchi's eyes also twinkled. "Oh, I'll tell him to make the delivery immediately. Here's your ramen, sir."

Hiruzen smiled, and dipped his chopsticks into the steaming bowl of noodles.

"Lady Chiyo's condition has stabilized. I extracted all the poison in her blood; she will live, but will have to rest for a while before she can recover completely," Sakura walked towards Gaara, who was standing with Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi together with his siblings. The Kazekage gave her a bow.

"Thank you, Sakura. Sunagakure will remember your assistance."

Sakura waved him off. "Nah, don't worry about that. Helping people is the duty of a doctor, you know."