Back to the same old boring thing.

The only bit of excitement happened when Prince Setial passed him to go yell at his father about something and then when he passed to go back. The guard couldn't help but let his eyes follow the prince both times, waiting for his reaction.

He didn't even look at Nikkol either time.

Nikkol expected to feel relief. He expected to have a weight lifted off his shoulders that the prince wasn't going to get him in trouble.

Instead he felt disappointment and, more prominently, dread. His life would go back exactly the way it was. He'd stand here every day and then go have a short time to himself before coming right back.

Well, it wouldn't be all bad, Nikkol knew Edgal would have what would probably end up being an incredibly amusing reaction to what happened last night.

In fact, it was the first thing he asked when they sat down in their usual seat. "So, tell me what happened."

Nikkol leaned closer, his voice lower. "So-"

"Edgal! Nikkol!" He was interrupted by some of their friends, a fellow guard named Maryal and Sir Kethal, a knight who had found another palace guard, Donal, very amusing and befriended several other guards through him. Sir Kethal slid in next to Nikkol while Maryal went next to Edgal. "Funny seeing you two here."

"We come here every day." Nikkol said, irritated they came and ruined his story.

Sir Kethal ignored his comment but still turned his attention to him. "You've been the talk of the day. What happened yesterday?"

Nikkol shifted in his seat uncomfortably. "What do you mean, talk of the day? What are they saying?"

"Does it matter what they're saying? What happened?" Sir Kethal pushed.

"What are they saying?" Nikkol repeated.

"What happened?" Sir Kethal said again, his voice growing angry.

"They're saying that the prince hit you to relieve frustration." Maryal piped up. "Well, that's just one of the theories. They also said he used you as a consultant for fighting or just needed someone to talk his frustrations with."

"Really? I heard that he needed his help moving his stuff to a different room since he was complaining of his half-brother taking his place." Nikkol looked at his best friend, surprised he too participated in the rumors. Also, this was the second time he'd heard of this brother, but there were more pressing issues.

"Nothing happened." Nikkol finally spoke, his mind having come up with his fake story. "He dragged me to his room and I stood there while he sat around reading and stuff, I think he just wanted the company." Nikkol looked over at Edgal, desperately wanting to tell him what happened and to get his advice, but he was talking with Sir Kethal.

It wasn't till much later in the night when Sir Kethal finally left and Maryal went to go talk to some woman that Nikkol got Edgal alone. He was eyeing a woman a few tables away, so Nikkol knew his window was small. He was so tired but he had to get it off his chest.

"I lied."

Edgal's attention was barely on him, eyes still scanning the woman. "About what?"

"What happened with the prince."

That seemed to intrigue him a little, his eyes pulling away from the girl and focusing on Nikkol. "What do you mean?"

Nikkol leaned closer, his voice lower. "I'm not sure why what happened happened, but I'm really confused and still in shock."

"What happened?" His voice matched Nikkol's, now fully invested.

Nikkol leaned even closer, making sure nobody could hear. "He... umm... shared his bed with me."

Edgal blinked back, taking a few seconds to think before responding lowly. "You had sex with the prince?" Nikkol nodded. "WHAT!"

Nikkol shushed him, waving his hands to motion for him to be quiet.

Thankfully, Edgal complied, his next words coming out a harsh whisper. "Was he any good? I'll bet he was horrible. I doubt he'd kill you, but you might get in trouble. Wait, if he likes you then does that mean you're going to become his partner, marriage can't even happen between two men. Wait, how did he even have sex with you, there's nowhere to put-"

"Edgal!" Nikkol whisper-yelled, his face red with embarrassment. Edgal widened his eyes, showing he wanted answers. Nikkol sighed, he should've known to consider this when he decided to tell him. "I assume nothing will happen, he pretty much ignored me today so hopefully I won't get in trouble."

"But how did he have... it... with you? There's no way-"

"There's a way."

"How?"

Nikkol put his face in his hands, entire face burning. "There's a place to put it, you know, down there." He whispered the last part, his face and neck so hot.

"No, the only thing down there is- no." Nikkol nodded slowly, opening his fingers to see a wide array of emotions pass over Edgal's face. There was disgust and horror, disbelief, curiosity, and just overall shock. "I can't believe- there's no way that would feel good. Wait, did you, did you take it or give it?"

"What do you think? He's the prince, I had to take it."

Edgal's jaw dropped open, scanning Nikkol with new eyes, filled with disbelief. "There's no way that it felt anything near good, did it?"

Finally peeling his hands from his face, Nikkol leaned back in his seat, shrugging. "It wasn't like anything I've ever felt." His voice was still low, but he needed to cool his face and neck off. "Painful at first, but then it felt really good, although extremely different from anything that's ever happened to me before."

"Good? How could it feel good?"

Nikkol narrowed his eyes in thought, he wasn't too sure himself. "It felt painful and weird until, I don't know what he did, but he hit a certain spot that just changed everything." Edgal looked like he had so many questions, but it was a long day, and Nikkol didn't get any sleep the night before. "I'm leaving for bed now. Do not tell anybody anything about what we just talked about." Nikkol demanded, holding Edgal's eye. His friend just nodded, still looking so lost and confused.

Satisfied that he'd keep his mouth shut, Nikkol got up and left the tavern, heading straight for the castle for some much needed sleep.