chapter 12

Y/n's POV:

Once Maria dropped me off I climb through my bedroom window trying to avoid cranky wood.

I change and hop into the comfort of my bed, just as I was falling asleep my phone buzzes.

Wanda 👹
Hey you

Y/n
Well hello

Wanda 👹
Wanna hang tomorrow?

Y/n
I would be down for that

Wanda 👹
Great I'll pick you up at 12?

Y/n
👍

I smile and turn my phone off before falling asleep with a fuzzy feeling. I wake up around 9, I try to fall asleep again but my body is wide awake.

I have a shower and get dressed into jeans and a t-shirt. No one was home. I get something to eat, and watch TV.

I look at the time and see that Wanda should be here soon. I put my shoes on before continuing to watch the tele. Not long after there is a knock on the door. I turn the TV off before answering.

"Hey there" Wanda says smiling brightly. She's wearing a similar outfit to mine. "Hi, I'll just be one second" I quickly rush away and grab my phone and keys. "Okay I'm ready" I get out the door and lock it behind me.

"Where are we going?" I ask her whilst getting in her car. "You'll see sweetheart" she winks at me. I look away hiding my blush.

"You like animals right?", "I do". We talk the whole ride, I got to know small things about her. We drive through a dirt track road which leads to a small car park. There were a few other cars parked.

She gets out the car and I follow her. "Wait here" she walks into a small building and later comes out with small containers full of strange animal food in a basket. "Come on" opens a gate and grabs my hand.

Around us there are fields, "first stop chickens" she pulls me along, the chickens were in a caged area running around. She opens the gate quickly and we rush through making sure non escape.

She grabs a handful of dried mealworms. They all come over, Wanda crouches and puts her hand out for them. They start pecking at her hands, she looks at me telling me to do the same.

I grab some and put my hand out for them, it somewhat tickled, apart from when they take a hold of your skin. One chicken flew onto my arm gripping tightly, wanda looks over and laughs before taking her phone out and snaping a picture.

Next were the pigs, the pigs were huge and had little piglets running around. The mother pigs were more interested in sleeping but the piglets were more than happy to get some food.

We continued round the farm feeding the farm animals. Once we finish we thoroughly wash our hands. "Thank you, that was very fun", "it's not over yet".

She pulls me over to her cat, "turn around, I need to quickly set it up" I look away and hear her move around. "Okay you can look now" I turn around and she has set a up a small picnic in the boot of her car.

"Do you like it?" I look at her, "I love it". She climbs in the boot and pats beside her, I get in next to her. She has a small radio next to her which she turns on. We eat listening to whatever songs were playing.

After eating we clear up and she drives me home. "Thank you for today, I enjoyed it". She smiles at me. "I enjoyed today to, how about we do it again sometime" I nod before kissing her cheek. "Bye wendy" I say winking.

She watches as I get to the door before driving off. I walk in and realise no one was home. I look at the time and see it's nearly dinner time, they all should be home by now. I decide to start dinner, tonight is macaroni.

I made sure to concentrate, I'm not the best at cooking but I would say it doing a good job. I put cutlery and juice on the table, I plate everybody's dinner and also put it on the table.

I eat my dinner before it gets cold. Why aren't they here yet? I grab my phone and call miss Wood.

She picks up almost immediately. "Hey where are you guys? I made dinner"

"Ma'am this is Dr. White from the Calvalry hospital, I'm afraid that miss Wood along with some others were in horrendous car accident" the rest became muffled. I hang up and call Nat.

"Hey y/n what's up?", "nat, come please" I once again hang up the phone. I sit on the couch waiting, I don't realise she is here until she crouches down infront of me. She places her hands on my cheek wiping the tears away. I didn't even know I was crying.

"Hey what happened", "They are in hospital, all of them" I look over at the empty table. "Come on" she helps me up and into the back of her car. Maria is in the front and looks concerned.

We arrive at the hospital maybe an hour or so later. They find a parking space and we get out. They pull me into a tight hug before entering the hospital.

We walk up to the front desk, "I'm here for Sacha wood", she types something into the computer before answering "follow the blue line and someone will assist you there", "thank you" she gives me a small smile.

The walk wasn't far, we made our way into the ward and walk up to the second desk. They point us to the second room. "We will wait outside" Maria tells me, I nod before heading in.

She's lying on a bed with cuts along her face, she has her eyes closed but I know she's awake. "Hey" I say announcing my presence. Her eyes open, "Hi" her eyes start watering. "How are you feeling?"

She starts shaking her head as tears escape her eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, she's gone y/n, Lauren is gone". "How did the crash happen?"

"A kid stole his dad's car, he didn't know how to drive it properly and collided with us, he's being discharged soon". I try hard to hold back my tears. "I'll be back in a minute" I stand up and leave the room.

Outside the room was a boy maybe slightly older than me, he has a small cut on his face along with some bruises. "Is she okay?" He asks me. "It was you wasn't it?" He doesn't answer but instead looks down at his feet.

My fists tighten, I grab his shirt and start punching him. I get a few hits on him before getting dragged away by Natasha and Maria. I collapse in Maria's arms crying.

"He killed her!" After a while I calm down, my head is lying on Maria's chest, she strokes my hair. "She's gone". "I know sweetie" Maria whispers.

"Tell me something good, just anything to make me feel better". They look at eachother before Natasha answers. "Our application has been approved by the court we are officially adopting you"

A/n
I don't even know what this is, sorry lmao. I haven't read it over so mistakes are most likely there. Anyways toodles