twenty

"calm down, gorgeous. it was a stick, and we're almost there. one more minute, i swear." y/n tried to calm ariana down but it didn't work, ariana just becoming more antsy by the minute.

"y/n, i'm going to take this off!" ariana yelled, already reaching up for the slip of fabric that covered her eyes. "wait no!" y/n shouted back, grabbing ariana's wrists and forcing her arms down at her sides.

"we're here, okay! let me take it off," y/n's voice was hushed as ariana huffed, sagging her shoulders. she stood tall behind ariana as she grabbed onto the fabric with gentle hands, beginning to untie the bow she created.

ariana shivered as y/n's hand brushed down her back. y/n noticed and smiled, placing a kiss to the side of ariana's head as she unwrapped the fabric from her eyes but still had it hovering over them so she couldn't see.

ariana groaned, "y/n let me see! i've been blindfolded for forty damn minutes."

y/n giggled as she slowly put the blindfold down, placing it into her pocket. ariana's eyes widened and her jaw dropped as she looked around. the first thing she noticed was that they were in a clearing in the woods with white string lights hanging from the trees, and the old, wooden picnic bench that sat in the middle of the small clearing. the table was already covered with a cloth and a basket of food was placed on top of the cloth.

   ariana looked back at a nervous y/n with a hand over her mouth. "y/n...it's so pretty," she whispered, her other hand clasping over y/n's bicep. y/n smiled down at her. "you like it?"

   ariana had to smile back as she leaped onto the taller woman. "i love it! it's so pretty out here!" she repeated in her excitement. "did you do all of this?" she exclaimed as she pulled away.

   "i had a little help from a friend," y/n admitted, her cheeks hot. "i didn't want the food to be gross, so i had someone drop it off a few minutes ago."

   that someone was alexa who was just so excited and was eager to help y/n. y/n wanted it to be the best date ariana had ever been on, and she knew she couldn't do that without someone else's help.

   ariana kissed y/n's cheek before she grabbed her hand, excitedly pulling them towards the table. y/n laughed at ariana's excitement as she followed behind her, eyes dangerously raking over her backside.

   y/n hadn't even noticed how many times she had checked out ariana in the almost year of knowing her; well, minus those six months. it was only until a few months ago when she had caught herself calling ariana beautiful in her head when she realized just how much she drooled over the singer.

   she snapped out of the trance she was in when ariana sat on one side of the bench, causing y/n to walk to the other side and sit across from her.

   y/n practically refused to look at ariana as she slowly took out the food from the basket, setting it out in front of them on the table. ariana noticed with a small giggle, grabbing y/n's hands and pull it to her lips, kissing her palm.

   ariana thought it would calm y/n down, but her nerves only spiked as she shut the basket and placed it on the bench next to her so it wasn't in the way.

   ariana plucked a strawberry from a small container with a raised eyebrow. "hey," she called out quietly, making y/n finally look at her with a small smile. "where'd daddy y/n go? you weren't this nervous last night or this morning, hm?"

   y/n cringed at the name and her nose scrunched up, making ariana nearly pass out at how cute she was. "i dunno. i just don't wanna mess this up, you know? i like you too much."

   ariana hummed quietly as she grabbed the container of strawberries for herself. "i like you too, loverboy. but don't worry, i'm definitely just as nervous as you are but i'm just good at hiding it."