𝕐𝕠𝕦 ℍ𝕖𝕝𝕡 𝔾𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕝𝕥

Beginne am Anfang

She asks as I return with a handful of herbs, a cup of water and a Pestle and Mortar.

"Well, these and this."

I say, reaching into Geralt's belt satchel for a potion.

"I need you to grind these with some water into a paste for me. Can you do that?"

I ask her and she nods, busying herself with the task while I un-cork the vial.

"Geralt, you need to drink this."

I say, placing one hand under his head and the vial to his lips. It goes down easily, but, he coughs before falling limp again.

"Here."

Ciri says, handing me the mortar. I thank her and get to work, smearing some of the paste onto Geralt's bite wound. He grunts in pain.

"I'm sorry. Rest now."

I say, feeling his forehead. I stand and grab the items to clean.

"He'll be out for a while. Are you hungry, Ciri? Thirsty?"

I ask her and she nods, standing and making her way over to me.

It's obvious that she's important to Geralt, Child Surprise important. So, I'll care for her until he wakes.

🐺

I was reading. Ciri had her fill, a bath and quickly fell to sleep.

Suddenly, Geralt gasps, shooting into a sitting position.

I quickly discard my book and rush to his aid.

"Hey, it's okay. Calm down."

I say, placing a hand onto his shoulder. He quickly looks to me.

"Ciri?"

He says, trying to get up. I use all of my strength and force him back down, holding my finger to my lips.

"She's asleep. See?"

I say, directing his line of vision to Ciri. He finally sighs in relief and allows himself to fall back down.

"Your bite wound is almost completely healed. Witcher blood is something else."

I say in surprise. Geralt looks down at his leg and nods.

"You helped me?"

He questions and I shrug, standing to fetch him a tankard of ale.

"Ciri came bounding onto the farm screaming for help. She's been fed and had a bath."

I say, returning with the ale. I hand it to him and he is quick to down it.

"Are you hungry?"

I ask, but, he shakes his head, sitting up.

"Thank you for taking care of her... And me."

He says and I send him a smile.

"Call it returning the favour. Ciri is your Child Surprise?"

I question and he nods, eyeing her with an emotion I cannot place.

"You should stay for the rest of the night. Let her sleep."

I say and he nods.

"Oh, and I took the liberty of fetching Roach. She's happily eating hay in the stables out back."

I say and Geralt looks surprised, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Right. Thank you."

He says and I nod, gesturing to his tankard.

"More ale?"

I ask and he glances down at the tankard, nodding his head.

"Sure."

He says, handing it to me. I nod and go to refill it.

"Your headaches... Getting any easier?"

He asks as I return with the ale. I sigh and sit down opposite him, shaking my head.

"No. I don't want you worrying about that though. You have enough on your plate."

I say, eyeing Ciri. He grunts, humming.

"I told you that I'd find a cure... And I will."

He says and I smile at him.

🐺

I bring the milk in from the cows and see that Geralt and Ciri were already awake.

"We're leaving now."

He says and I nod, sudden sadness filling my being.

"Thank you for everything, Y/N."

Ciri says, sending me a smile. I nod towards her, walking over to the kitchen area to grab the basket I had made for them.

"Here. There's a couple of pies, some bread, a few eggs, some water and ale."

I say, handing the basket to Ciri. She takes it excitedly and makes her way outside to Roach, waving to me along the way.

"Be safe, Geralt. Return here if you need anything. She's a sweet girl."

I say with a smile and he nods. He swings his swords over his shoulder and places a hand onto my shoulder.

"Thank you, Y/N, for everything."

He says and I nod. His hand slips from my shoulder as he makes his way from the house.

I watch as he and Ciri mount Roach. A quick command and Roach is taking off through the trees.

Goodbye, Geralt.