Sweet Berries (Pt. 1)

words: 5000

Ship: Velvetfrost (Antfrost x RedVelvet)

Other characters: Bad, Skeppy, and others at the very end. 

Pure fluff and I might make (definitely will make) a sequel to this because it was really fun and low pressure. 

quick notes: 

italic + "" = thoughts/inner dialog

--- = timeskip/POV change

Warning: Swearing.

~~~

Sweet berries are a lie. They are not sweet, nor are they berries- if Velvet had anything to say about it- and they are not worth his precious time to gather them. Ok, so technically, they were berries, but they were so bitter and sour they sure didn't seem like it.

RedVelvet was on the oh-so dangerous and heroic quest to gather them for- he didn't even know. Something or other. Bad had explained it to him a few times, but currently, all he could hear was "blah blah muffin head blah" when he tried to remember what Bad had even said.

It was pretty bright in the forest, and he wasn't that deep in it either, but he still couldn't see the patch of civilization he called home either. He was all alone.

And more than anything, that meant it was boring. Some would call the quiet forest peaceful, especially with bunnies and butterflies roaming around instead of the wild animals he assumed prowled the night, but he found it repetitive. There were only so many times you could sit in the forest doing nothing pretending like you were thinking about the meaning of life before it got dull after all.

"Why did Bad make me do this anyways. Couldn't his boyfriend Skeppy have done it instead? The little simp would do anything if he asked nice enough."

Velvet could almost picture the argument in his head; it was so clear, and he chuckled a little as he reenacted it to himself, whispering.

"Red!" He mocked Bad's voice, higher and squeakier than it was. "Skeppy isn't my boyfriend you muffin head. Muffin muffin muffin!"

"Aww, but Bad," Velvet's voice went back to normal. "But you two cuddle and kiss and adopted a literal child and aRE THOSE FUCKING WEDDING RINGS!!" Velvet sort of yelled the last part to himself. Of course, he had never admitted that he saw the wedding rings matching in their opposite colors to them outloud in person, but it was basically clear as day, and just a little funny that Bad was still trying to cover up the fact with a hand over the other at the table, or in a hoodie pocket when he could. It absolutely did not help that the hoodie was often one of Skeppy's.

"They can't hide shit from me." He thought, rolling his eyes a little. Not like there was much to hide anymore.

"No they aren't!" He mocked Bad's voice again. "They're just pretty, and Geppy got them for me!"

"I got what for you, Bad?" He then mocked Skeppy's voice, holding his clasped hands up to his cheek and pouting, while the empty basket Bad gave him fell onto the crook of his arm. He was having too much fun with this.

"Oh nothing Skeppy, just-" Bad's squeaky voice again.

"Your dying affection for one another!" Velvet interrupted himself. You could tell him that he was going insane out here all alone, but he probably wouldn't hear you, or just wouldn't care.

"You two need to fucking sort it out and make out already, or I'm calling that pug guy to shove you into a closet until you do."

"Language- Eeugh!" Velvet dropped the act as he foot caught on a stupid tree root, and his arms started to flail to try to catch his balance. He didn't.