Chapter 1: The Falnaless Adventurer

Bell Cranel a young 14 year-old boy with white hair and ruby colored eyes, went to Orario with a single purpose, to become a hero. Unfortunately for the young rabbit, becoming an adventurer for a Familia wasn't going to be easy, as he went from door to door, trying to join one, but to no avail.

"Scram, Kid!" An adventurer said, throwing Bell out the door.

And again...

"Leave, you're just going to be deadweight." Another adventurer said, closing the door on Bell.

And again...

"Get out, we don't want weaklings here." They said.

And again...

"Come back when you've gotten stronger." Another adventurer said, as they closed the door, leaving Bell outside in the middle of the freezing night.

Bell got back up, and tried to find shelter from the cold night.

Why...

Why...

Why...

This was the one word that continuously ran through the boy's mind. 'Why don't they give me a chance, why don't they let me prove myself...' Bell stopped in the middle of an alleyway, and looked up towards the night sky.

"What am I supposed to do, Grandpa?" Bell questioned.

Once Bell found a place to shelter himself, he decided to go to sleep, and try again tomorrow. Once the rabbit woke up for the new day, he checked his money pouch, to see that he was running out.

"This is bad, if it continues like this I might run out of valis, and starve." The rabbit said to himself. Bell then closed his eyes and began to think. 'What should I do, I need to find a Familia, but I'm also running out of money, and fast...' Bell then opened his eyes and made his decision.

Bell grabbed whatever gear he had, and made his way to the dungeon.

It had been two hours since Bell entered the dungeon, he was able to clear the first floor, but the second became his nightmare, the rabbit fought with everything he had, but it would be for nothing, as one of the monster gave him a deep gash wound, and knocked him into a wall. Bell was barely conscious, as his vision began to fade.

Is this it...?

Is this where I die...?

I'm going to die, before ever becoming a hero...

Grandpa, I'm sorry...

That's what the rabbit believed, until a faint memory resurfaced. A memory of a man with reddish-brown hair, wearing jet-black heavy armor, and a woman with silver hair, wear a black dress, with a little Bell standing between them.

"Bell, do you remember the heroes of old?" The man asked.

"Of course I do!" A younger Bell exclaimed, with a big smile.

"Those heroes were born before the gods even descended to this world and became exceptionally powerful, do you know why?" The man asked once again.

"No, why?" The young rabbit asked.

"It's because they had a reason to fight, they had something to protect." The woman answered.

"Auntie, Uncle, why are you telling me all this?" The boy asked confused.

"There will be a day, where you will need to pick up a blade, but you will have no one to help you, just remember, Bell, your strength is not determined by whether or not you have a blessing, it is determined by your resolve to keep fighting." His Aunt explained.

"Stay true to your wishes, and become the person, you've always wanted to be." The man ended while placing a hand on the boy's head.

After the memory, Bell's eyes widened. As the monster was about to deal the finishing blow, Bell quickly moved out of the way, ignoring the painful gash on his chest, and smiled.

"That's right, many heroes have been able to surpass themselves without the help of a deity, so why can't I!" Bell said regaining his resolve. "Just like them, I'll shatter through my limits in my own way! On my own terms!" The smile on the rabbit face evolved into a grin. "I will become a hero!" Bell yelled out and with his blade, he dashed towards the monster, and swiftly cut off its head.

'This is where my story begins, I will not fail.' Bell thought, as he swung the blade wiping off most of the blood that was on it, still smiling. " Let's go."

Bell continued fighting in the dungeon, even reaching the eighth floor, by the time he was done, Bell could be seen covered in bloody gashes, bruises, and his clothes were torn. Bell then exited the dungeon and made his way to the guildhall. The rabbit entered, leave everyone who was present in shock, and worry.

"Boy, are you okay?!" A red-haired werewolf asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Bell responded calmly.

'How is he so calm?!' The werewolf thought.

"Anyway, I came back from the dungeon to exchange these." Bell said holding a large sack of monster crystals.

"Wait, you found a Familia?" A half-elf asked.

"No, all the deities I went to rejected me, so..." Bell answered, which caused everyone to go silent.

After a few moments of silence, almost everyone yelled in disbelief. "He entered the dungeon without a Falna!!!" Everyone exclaimed, while Bell tilted his head and smiled, a little confused.

TO BE CONTINUED