Chapter 13

Harvey's POV

Tomorrow is our first real game. We have a couple of small matches but nothing major. Those games have been a complete disappointment, no one on the team can get along so we have been letting people in when we're not supposed to. We were doing a lot better last year around this time. I would think adding Charles and Teo we would get better but it's made us worse somehow. But it's a team issue if Charles has the ball he only gives it to Teo or me, while anyone else would give it to anyone but Charles and Teo. Am not sure what's going on with the team. It's been 4 days since I hang out with Charles at his home. We have been texting a lot but talking so much to each face to face though. Kye actually and I were texting last night because he asked me for today's game to switch sides with Teo. I don't know why he wanted to but I decide it was what's best not to ask. I have been talking to my friends again so that's good. It turns out it was a whole misunderstanding. I had missed hearing them during the event. But am still 99% sure that I didn't hear anything but their swear up and down and I have to trust my friends, there would never lie to me. It's just been making me lose my mind because am so sure of this but I have no idea if I should trust them or if I should trust myself but am known for forgetting stuff. Ahhh I hate this. Why do I have to be like this? Maybe I should just get some coffee before school to clear my mind of this.

I walk into the living room to see my dad watching tv. It's the news, does he ever watch anything besides the news. "This is such a horrible sight, I would never think we would see this building fall!" I hear a newscaster say on a mic. I quickly turn around to see an old factory looking broken in pieces. Oh my God. " Lucky no one was inside since it fell during the night," she says to the camera. I look over at my dad to see that he not even watching tv. He's on his laptop doing something that's more important. "No Comments yet on if this was a building flaw or something more malicious happened overnight. Stay tuned for..." The woman says before the tv shuts off. I turn to see my dad holding the remote. "It was the Choas Order, there were caught on video," he says to me. What? There weren't, I thought there were good at least that one. The one who had the ice, speed, and flight powers. I really thought he was good inside. "Do you know why?" I ask him as I sit down next to him. He shakes his head no. " All we know is that it was an old building from the Moore family," he says to me. " Why does almost every attack happen at Moore property," I tell him he looks up from his computer and looks at me funny. "Harvey! There attack you stop trying to justify their actions. I can see what you're thinking about." He says to me with an angry tone. I look at him shocked because I don't understand why he's so mad. "There saved me, dad," I say to him as I stand up. Am not wrong. That guy saved me from dying. I get up from the couch and head towards the door to leave for school. Before I can leave I hear my dad. "Take your pills now!" he says to me as he stands up after me. Him and his stupid pills. I stop at the door and I turn to him. "Why are you so on my ass dad," I ask him. He's been getting very aggressive lately and going off on me and my sister for no reason. My sister is a grown adult and he had always trusted me. So I don't know what going on with him. "You want to know what?" He says to me. I shake my head yes to him. "It's this," he says to me as he goes on his phone and shows me a photo. The photo is a phone showing a text message, the background is fully black. I look closer and recognize text messages. It's messages that Charles sent me two days ago. The message says something along the lines of how he misses the night I spent over and how we watched movies until passed out on each other. "Why did you take photos of my phone?" I ask him. I woke up to that message so he must have done it when I was asleep "because am your father. You better not be dating him!" he says to me as he takes a step closer in anger. " Dad, nothing is going on trust me we're just friends," I tell him hoping to ensure him. " Oh yeah did how come you didn't tell me that the Moores were hacked into. It happened the night you were there so you must have heard something." My dad says to me as he takes a step back from me. I watch as he walks over to the counter and grabs my pills. I haven't told my dad anything at all since going to school with Charles because as grown to know him, I've decided it's not my business to tell. Even since being friends with him, I haven't gone back to work because am supposed to be watching him. I haven't been at work so much and have been out of the loop. I no longer have the inside information I don't even know what's going on with Pill x. I knew there got hacked because I overheard them talking about it but it's not my place to say. He walks over to me with pills in hand. I grab my pill from his hand. "I didn't know, I have to go to school now," I say to him as I pop my pills in my mouth and leave him alone in the house. I can't believe him.