Chapter Twenty Eight:

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Before I could say anything, Ashley had escorted herself from my room. She was out of the door and on her way to the closest shop before I could even state what flavour ice cream I wanted. That left me alone with my thoughts for a little while. But my thoughts weren't about a certain boy. For once, no, my main thought was: could Ben & Jerry's and a girly movie really help?

***

The answer was yes, yes, they could.

After I'd gorged on Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream, with help from Ashley, and cried (yet again) at The Notebook, I did feel better. I felt like I could take on the world. Well, the musical theatre world at least...

"Do you feel better now?" Ashley asked.

I nodded. "A little bit, yeah. I still wish it wouldn't have happened, but I know it isn't the end of the world. He's clearly going to move on because he has grandiose things to look forward to, so why can't I?"

"Exactly." Ashley grinned. "Now go and sort yourself out because, babe, I'm afraid your hair has seen better days. And then let's get rehearsing for this call-back."

I chuckled at Ashley's honesty, but if my own best friend couldn't be completely honest with me, then who could? And even I knew how dreadful I looked at that moment.

I obeyed Ashley's orders, had a shower, and cleared my thoughts whilst I was in there. After I'd gotten out, I got dressed, shoved my hair into a bun to get the damp strands away from my face and sat down. I went through my portfolio looking for yet another song, but I didn't care, because I was focused. I didn't want or need any distractions.

My phone buzzed, as it had been doing all night, and I tried to resist temptation, but the pull was too strong. After I grabbed my phone, I saw that I had received no less than 7 texts from Hunter over the period of time we'd been apart. I didn't want to read them all, but the last one caught my eye. I input my password and saw the latest text. It read:

There was one part of me that made my fingers itch to reply and find out what he wanted to talk to me about

There was one part of me that made my fingers itch to reply and find out what he wanted to talk to me about. Yet there was another part of me that disagreed; he didn't love me. That was the part that made me lock my phone and shove it on my bedside table. I'd crumbled to temptation once — by looking at the phone in the first place — but I would not do it again and reply.

My open laptop then pinged, indicating I had received an email. I checked it and I found out that David had sent me the piece of script that I would have to learn for my next audition. I printed the email off straight away and began looking at it. It was a hefty four pages long, which doesn't seem a lot at first, but if it was four pages of a duologue, it's a lot to learn. So, I got to it, reading and re-reading it to get it ingrained into my head.

I was soon growing tired of reading the same piece of paper repeatedly, but that was the only way I was going to learn it. I tried to look on the bright side of things, though. Once I had completed this audition, it would be the last one I would go through before they would cast Moulin Rouge. At long last.