Ribbons

"Y/N! Let's go play at the slide."

Your brother, Shouyou (5 yrs old), called out to you while running towards the playground.

Shouyou and you are identical twins. You have the same hair and eye color. It seems obvious but people still tend to get surprised whenever you are introduced to them as his twin sister.

"Shou-nii, wait! I can't run-"

You stopped at your slow-paced running, stumbling and kneeling to the ground. You clenched your hand at your chest when you felt a heavy beat from your heart.

"S-shou-nii... I-I can't breathe- *hic*"

*hiccups*

Hiccups, it's one of the things that you and your family fear for you to have... because for you, hiccups is an indication that there's a problem with your fragile heart. You maybe twins but you are not exactly the same. Unlike your athletic and hyperactive brother, you were born with a weak heart. Although you wanted to play and have fun like any other normal kids, you can't. You are not allowed to work yourself to beat.

But... that is okay~

Because your beloved twin brother is always ready to match your slow-paced heart.

You two are very close to each other. You really look up to him and see him as your role model. You love imitating him, you love playing simple games with him and You love sharing matching clothes with him.

But, you are a girl...

Even though it's okay to act a little tomboy. There are still limits to what you can and supposed to do. One day, your mother brought home a set of F/C clothes with a frilly skirt and a big bow-tied-ribbon at the back. Your mother also arranged your hair with a pair of two F/C ribbons.

You look very cute~ too bad you are not a fan of girly stuffs.

You find it very uncomfortable and inconvenient...

But...

When your brother told you that it suits you and you look very cute, you felt happy. He would always praise you cheerfully and heartily with a smile. From then on you got used to wearing these kind of clothes.

--after ten years--

You were supposed to enter high school with your brother but because of your heart made of glass you have to stay at the hospital for a little while. There, you met a cheerful senpai who had to stay because of an injury. Somehow you feel that this girl is a little similar to your brother. They both share the same interest, volleyball, and you enjoy chatting with her. She often talks about how amazing her crush is when it comes to volleyball and how ready she is to confess to him once she gets out of the hospital.

Y/N, a little curious and a little bored at the same time asked...

"Senpai, what's the name of your school?"

"It's Aobajousai."

"Oh..." was the only word you managed to respond for you are not too familiar with other schools... rather you're just uninterested at all because it has nothing to do with your beloved brother. When you were about to graduate from middle school, you did not bother checking out other schools because you felt like there's no need to. Whichever school Shouyou chooses is fine for you.

"What about you, Y/N?"

"Karasuno High school but I'm a little late this year. I wonder if I could catch up with my classes once I get there." You gave her a small grin.

"Don't worry! You'll be fine. You look a smart person after all." She replied cheerfully.

......

After two days, you are finally discharged from the hospital. You are sooo happy you can finally go to school together with your twin brother. Too bad~ he had to start practice early in the morning and you were disappointed when you learned that he had to go ahead without you.

You arranged your H/L wavy hair with a pair of your favorite F/C ribbons and fixed your brand new high school uniform.

"Onee-chan, do your best!" Your little sister sweetly cheered for you and you gave her a kiss on the cheek in-exchange before leaving.

You wanted to check out the boys' volleyball team and see how's your brother doing with his new team mates so after class you went straight to the gym. Unfortunately, on your way, you got a little lost. While you're walking your hair moved back and forth because of the wind that caused it to loosen it's knot. You stopped for a moment and took it down completely. You put one of the ribbons in your pocket and the other to your lips. You held up your hair to tie it again and right after you held the ribbon with your other hand the wind blew a little stronger than before. The ribbon you placed in your pocket flew with the wind.

How troublesome...

You let go of your hair and reached after your ribbon. Thankfully, it didn't get far. Someone reached for it for you.

You looked over your shoulder to find a taller boy, a little surprised, holding your ribbon.

"Here." He gave you a small smile and handed your ribbon to your hand.

At that moment you felt an unusual beat in your chest.

You yourself is a bit surprised too but you were very thankful that your favorite hair accessory was saved.

"U-um thank you." You blushed, tinting your cheeks with a pink color, trying to avoid eye-contact.

His umber eyes blinked down at you, a little confused, but immediately caught up of the situation. You were being shy or rather uneasy. It's normal though. He suddenly got too close to you. He stepped back and let out a small nervous chuckle along with his apologies. He bid you goodbye and left. Once you regained a reasonable distance from him, you finally looked up properly... but the only thing that your eyes managed to grasp properly was his back and his light colored hair.

After that encounter, you, all of a sudden felt exhausted.

That really surprised me... *sigh*

and then...

*hic*

ah...

you knew it...

things like this is not good

for your fragile heart.