-6- The Bitch Next Door

ابدأ من البداية

"Tuesday?! That quick? I mean that's fine, I just was expecting next week or something." I got up and took our plates to the sink and started to clean up.

Davie stood up from the table and stretched, "Alrighty, it's settled then!"

--------------------------------------------------

We got to the pizzaplex around 11 the next day, it getting ready to close.

    After getting through the door, Davie and I walked to the daycare, the meeting was in one of the rooms on the top floor. I went over to the railing and looked down into the daycare, I saw Sun cleaning up art supplies from the little tables.

"Sun!" I yelled, cupping both hands around my mouth.

He turned around and waved back, "Hiiii (Y/n)! Welcome back!"

What a funky guy.

I walked into the room and felt the eyes of all the employees stick to me like glue. Davie motions me to walk next to him. He walks up and greets his coworkers like normal.

'Who is this?'

'Uhh, what's up with the robo-person?'

'Is that just special effect make-up or?'

Just a few of the questions he'd get every time he'd greet someone with me next to him. Every time he would just respond with: "This is my friend (Y/n), she's sitting in on the meeting today, she's starting on Tuesday." Most of the people responded normally, which was a relief for me. Davie walked me up to a group of five people huddled over on the side, Steven being one of them. A girl with long red hair turned around to see me and Davie and gasped. She scrambled over towards me with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh. My. God. YOU ARE SO COOL! Oh- crap I'm sorry, I just got so excited, how did you even-...actually no you don't have to answer that. Just- You look so pretty..or handsome..whatever you prefer! Davie where did you find them?!"

Her enthusiasm startled me for sure, but it was a welcome surprise.

"Oh, thank you," I awkwardly smiled, "Davie and I met through the robot part shop I used to work at. But now I'm going to be working here in parts and service."

She clapped her hands together in delight, "Really?! I get to work with you?! This is amazing-...oh jeez I need to calm down...I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Rebecca, but you can just call me Becca or Becky, either work. I specialize in the animatronic casing and programming the bots to play instruments and sing."

I turned to Davie, "So what do you specialize in?"

He scratched the back of his head, "Well...um...I specialize in code restricting and facial recognization..."

"Oh how boring," I joked.

"Haha yeah yeah, I'm boring. But I'll introduce you to the other four later, the meeting is about to start. Let's go find a place to sit."

We sat down and someone up at the front started talking about sales and stuff like that. I never showed any interest in business and marketing, so all of it kinda just went over my head. It was hard to focus, not just because I don't know jack shit about marketing, but because I felt a pair of eyes on me the entire time. Not the same type of stare that I felt when I first walked in.

This stare felt like someone was drilling a hole in my soul, it felt malicious. It wouldn't go away, so I got fed up and decided to look in the direction where I was feeling it. I turn around to see a blonde woman with green eyes in the security guard uniform staring directly at me.

Vanessa.

Her expression wasn't exactly mad or whatever, It was more like she was trying to figure me out. I don't think she even noticed that I was looking back at her. I sighed and turned back around, I should just expect more weird stares from here on out. Davie asked if everything was alright, I didn't tell him about her, I just said that I was just checking out the layout of the room, which was a stupid excuse but he took it anyway.

After the meeting, Davie introduced me to his other coworkers, he was right about them being accepting of me, they found me more fascinating and cool than anything. After a couple of minutes of talking, I told Davie that I was gonna step out to go say hi to Sun and Moon.

I walked out the door and into the large hallway surrounding the daycare. I was walking away when I heard a voice call to me from behind.

"Hey, you."

And to my non-surprise, It was Vanessa. I decided to just act nice and hope things don't get too weird.

"Hi, you must be the security guard right?"

"I'm not here for small talk, how are you like that?"

Well, she sure is blunt.

"I had an accident. This was the only way the doctors could keep me alive," I lied.

"Well, how did they do it? How did they make you half animatronic and you look and function perfectly fine? Tell me."

Her curiosity started to weird me out. Of course, I know why I'm functioning fine, it was whatever that purple stuff Davie injected me with was. But, I have a gut feeling he wouldn't want me telling his coworkers about it. So I decided to lie again.

"I'm not sure, I wasn't awake or conscious at all when they did the procedures. Really I don't know anything about what was done to me or how they did it, okay?"

"Who were your doctors?"

This woman was starting to piss me off.

"Look, I don't fucking know, I told you that. Now if you would excuse me, I have to go." I turned around and briskly walked away. I heard her huff and mumble something under her breath, which pissed me off even more. But I just kept walking, I didn't want to get into something before I even started the job. I walked over to the slide, looked around to make sure no one was around, and slid down into the ball pit.

I climbed out and looked around, no Sun or Moon to be seen. I just wandered around, looking at the play structures and all the drawings the children made earlier. Flipping through all the drawings I saw mostly drawings of Sun, very few of Moon. I was almost done with the pile when the lights shut off.

"Fuck," I cursed out loud as I fumbled getting my phone out of my pocket for a flashlight. There was still a faint light coming from the curtain on the balcony, so I had some light but not much.

"Moon? Sun?" I scanned the daycare with the light. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the curtain move. I looked up and saw moon poke his head out. His red eyes glowed as he searched the room, his eyes finally landed on me.

"Y/n? What are you doing down there?"

"There was a meeting earlier, I came over to say hi but I have no fucking clue how to get up there," I raised my voice so he could hear me.

He came out of the curtain and jumped down from the balcony onto the playset and made his way over to me.

"There's a hidden door for our room over near the theatre, I'll just give you the code for it so I don't have to chauffeur you every time."

"Yeah because picking me up is just sooo hard," I mocked.

"Starting with the sarcasm already? You're a feisty one."

"Shut up."

He picked me up bridal style this time instead of just picking me up like a sack of potatoes. Which was more comfortable for me. A few jumps later we were through the curtain.

I was expecting him to just let me down, but no, he decided to "playfully" throw me into the pile of pillows. I yelped as I was thrown down, I hear him laugh.

"Moon! Be careful! If you throw her she might get hurt. What the hell?" Sun complained.

I turned around and sat up, my hair was all messed up and in my face.

The urge to hit him with a metal bat is very high.

"I...fucking hate you," I spat.

He snickered, "Love you too."

I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Yeah yeah, well I've got some things to tell you two."