[ XIII ] ARE YOU MAKING ME JEALOUS?

Začít od začátku

I squinted my eyes when I noticed a red mark on my thumb. I pressed it with my index finger but I didn't feel any pain.

"Jana."

"Yes, Your Highness!" Jana immediately stood up to cater me. I showed her my thumb and raised my right brow.

"When did I get this?"

She also squinted her eyes, trying to examine it. Her mouth slightly pouted as she slowly lifted her head to meet my eyes, "Uh..."

I didn't notice this mark yesterday. Jana scratched her nape and it's enough for me to tell that she doesn't have any idea as well.

"Never mind..." Well, whatever it is, it doesn't seem harmful.

After they measured my body, I decided to walk around the palace to breathe some air. I suddenly remember Alas. The last time I talked to him was when I was abducted by Hyunjin.

Sunghoon must've scolded him very much. I think it's right for me to apologize to him since I was hardheaded and decided to show myself to the King despite being aware of the danger we might face.

I was about to look for him when I saw him on the mini field, playing archery. My footsteps started to slowdown as I approached him.

He effortlessly hit the bullseye which made my mouth opened a bit out of amusement. He was about to grab another arrow when he halted. I gasped when he suddenly pointed his bow to me.

"Princess Ari!" He immediately put his bow down, "My apologies. I didn't know it was you."

"It's okay..." I replied, still holding my breath.

"Are you alright?" He gently touched my forearm as he scanned me from head to toe.

I nodded and smiled as I stared at his body. He was wearing a black shirt that perfectly fit his upper body along with a low waist denim pants.

"Uh... I just want to apologize..." I stopped talking when I noticed sweats dripping on his forehead. I absentmindedly took the handkerchief from his pocket as I gently wiped his forehead.

He took a step back, slightly perplexed by my sudden move but I was able to immediately hold the hem of his shirt.

"Y-your Highness, someone might see us..." He hesitantly grabbed the handkerchief from my hand and wiped his own sweats, instead.

The corner of my lips automatically rose as I watched the person behind Heeseung, "Hi, Sunghoon."

Heeseung's eyes immediately panicked. Sunghoon walked towards us with an obvious anger on his face.

"What are you two doing?"

"I was just wiping his sweat?" I shrugged my shoulders and looked at Heeseung, "Alas, do you want me to wipe your back?"

Heeseung gasped while Sunghoon closed his eyes, trying to calm down. What is he doing here by the way? Is he done having fun with that woman?

"Will you excuse me..." Heeseung walked away from us. I hate being alone with this jerk so I decided to follow Heeseung but I immediately felt a hand snaking around my waist.

I could feel his hot breath on my nape, "Ari... what the fuck are you trying to do? Are you making me jealous?"

I gritted my teeth. Anger slowly filled within me.

Jealous? As if!

"You dared to do that in front of me. Was I right all along? Are you in love with him?" He muttered under his breath.

"Shut up, Sunghoon. You should entertain your woman instead of coming here!"

His hand slowly loosened on my waist, "What woman are you talking about?"

"Huh! You even have the guts to deny it? I saw it with my own two eyes! That... that Lady Via slept in your room! You two... you did... something..."

"Face me, Ari." He said as if it was a command. I clenched my fist and faced him. I immediately saw his usual haughty expression, which is one thing I hate the most from him.

"What did you say?" His forehead creased, "Lady Via was here?"

My forehead slowly creased as well. What is he saying? Aren't they...

Sunghoon stared at me for a while before closing his eyes. He exhaled loudly before gently touching my forearm as he pulled me closer to him.

"Baby... I slept in your room last night. You just didn't notice because you were deeply asleep. I woke up at midnight to go for a horseback ride." He seriously stated,

"I didn't sleep with Lady Via. I was in your room the whole night."