[fluff] hold me like this

Tay felt himself shaken awake. He choked on his sobs as he tried to open his eyes. 

He just had a nightmare.

"Te? Love, wake up." He heard a familiar and soothing voice. It gave him the strength to open his eyes and noticed streaks of tears on his cheeks.

"Te," he heard again, and his eyes shifted to the man next to him. "shit. love, are you okay?" 

He straightened up and realized it was all a dream. He sat back down against the bed frame and took a few deep breaths, but New noticed his shaking hands. 

Tay choked on a sob as the events of the dream returned to his memory. New immediately reached for his hands. "Come here," he whispered. 

New gave him comforting words as Tay climbed onto his lap, still shaky from the nightmare. The images were still clear in his mind. 

"Shh, it's okay, love. I got you," New murmured against his ear, slowly stroking from his hair to his back. 

Tay finally relaxed into the younger man's embrace, sniffling and trying not to think about the nightmare. He winced when New's phone rang. 

New chuckled as he leaned back to check the phone, his arms remaining at his boyfriend's waist. "Who is it?" muttered Tay. "Work. Don't worry about it." New stroked his waist with his thumb as he tried to calm himself.

"You want to talk about the dream?"

Tay shook his head, "no thanks. I just want you to hold me like this."

"Okay, do you want to lie back down?"

He nodded as he pressed himself against New before laying directly on top of him. 

"Love, you're heavy." New chuckled as he pushed Tay's hair back. The latter just whined and laid his head on New's heart. 

He listened to the heartbeat, which gave him comfort. Slowly, he fell asleep. This time it was a good dream.