8: Abandoned Millenia

Start from the beginning

"I think I understand." Wizard Cookie marvels, "That gem has unlocked the portal."

"Look, columns of pure light have appeared. Everyone ready? Grab the Cookie next to you and don't let go!"

Somehow for (C/F) Cookie this was only Healer Cookie. His grip is so tight they worried he'd break their hand clean off.

So that's how he got Custard Cookie off them so easily...

"I'm as ready as can be!" GingerBrave nods, "This is it, guys!"

"I'm not scared." Wizard Cookie agrees, "After all, this is magic from the Vanilla Kingdom!"

"Where there's treasure, there's ME! LET'S GO!" Chili Pepper Cookie exclaims.

"I can hear the fanfare already!" Custard Cookie III cheers, "Hold on, Vanilla Kingdom! Your king is coming!"

"Wait...! Black Raisin Cookie!" The Villager Cookies gather around the portal.
"Take this! It's not much, but it's a lil somethin' for the road..." they hand her a bag of jellies.
"We've been saving some jellies every day..."

"How did–When did–But there wasn't enough food to begin with... I... I don't know what to say. Thank you. I will do everything to return peace to our village!" She takes it from them.

"And I'll come back as a better and stronger healer!" Healer Cookie smiles, "Until then, take care, everyone!"

"Black Raisin Cookie! Healer Cookie! We'll be waiting!" The Cookies wave the group goodbye.
"D-don't forget to bring back souvenirs...!"

"Time to jump into the portal!" GingerBrave yells, "Vanilla Kingdom... here we come!"

"Are we absolutely certain this is a good–WOAH!" (C/F) Cookie tries to reason the safety of jumping into a random portal, but Healer Cookie drags them with him into it.

The streets were a little destroyed–utterly destroyed–but otherwise exactly how they remembered them. Probably because of the Dark Flour War... Definitely because of the Dark Flour War.

GingerBrave gasps, "We finally made it to the Vanilla Kingdom!"

"Behold, denizens of the Vanilla Kingdom! For I, Custard Cookie the third, descendant of the king, have arrived!" Custard Cookie III cheers, "SOUND THE FANFARE!"

Wizard Cookie almost starts ranting on the beauty of the rubble, but doesn't even get to start because (C/F) Cookie speaks up.

"There's no one here." They point out, "I imagine everyone fled because of the war that happened here."

"They do have a point..." Healer Cookie agrees, frowning. "But we shouldn't make assumptions!"

"What Cookie is going to stick around when there's an evil army destroying everything in sight?" They yell.

"I agree; that would explain why it's so quiet." Black Raisin Cookie nods, "But don't forget why we're here. (C/F) Cookie, you can immobilize the bots and the rest of us can take them out once they've stopped attacking us."

"I can help as well with some of the spells I know." Healer Cookie adds.

"There's something familiar about this place..." Strawberry Cookie says, looking around, "But, it's a bit different from what I imagined."

"Strawberry Cookie, do you feel that way as well?" Healer Cookie does the same, "I sense a hint of... yes, something in the air. As if butter has aged rather too long..."

"Psh, what're you talking about?!" Chili Pepper Cookie grins, "All I smell is GOLD! Now... where are they?! It's time for the heist of the century!"

"I'll tell you after the Wafflebots are defeated, deal?" (C/F) Cookie chuckles nervously.