"I like it better here." Clementine shrugged. She loved the small village atmosphere. Having attended Beauxbatons and living in Paris after graduation, she was used to castles and bustling cities. This felt quaint, and like home.

The two walked in comfortable silence as they hiked the trail to the castle. It was still warm out, but Clementine imagined how much she might hate this walk every day in the winter once the snow piled up.

The professor's lounge was packed full of people when they arrived. Everyone turned to see who dared be late to McGonagall's meeting as the door creaked loudly.

"Nott and Beaumont are now accounted for." Filch spoke loudly, checking their names off his parchment for attendance, "That's everyone, Headmistress."

"Thank you two for finally joining us." Minerva looked up at the pair through her wire-rimmed glasses. She didn't look amused, nor did she seemed surprised by their late arrival. She pointed to the last two empty chairs in the middle of the room. "Please, take a seat."

Clementine and Theo nodded in understanding as they maneuvered through the maze of chairs. She tried her best to ignore the silver eyes that followed her across the room, but they felt white hot on her skin. She stumbled over a pair of shiny, black dragon leather shoes as she reached her chair.

"Sorry." Clementine whispered sheepishly. She looked up to catch a glimpse of the man she had stumbled over.

He was an older gentleman, probably in his early 40s, but still ruggedly handsome. His curly, dark hair was peppered specks of grey, and he had a scruffy, yet well-kept beard to match. He smiled warmly before crossing his arms and focusing back on McGonagall.

Clementine could hardly pay attention for the entire meeting. It wasn't anything that she didn't already know. It was about enforcing attendance policy and administering detentions. She almost fell asleep when Minerva began to drone on about paperwork. After an hour the meeting was finally over. Clementine stretched out her legs that ached from sitting still.

"I need to talk to you."

Clementine looked up to see Draco standing above her, but he was staring straight at Theo.

"Sure, Mate." Theo nodded. He looked over at Clementine, and gave her hand a quick squeeze, "I'll be right back, yeah?"

"Okay." Clementine responded softly. Her eyes met Draco's and she felt a jolt of electricity shoot through her body. She looked down and pretended to be interested in the hem of her skirt as the two walked away.

"I don't think we've been formally introduced." A deep voice spoke next to her. Clementine looked up to see the man she had nearly tripped over smiling.

"No, I don't think we have." Clementine held out her hand for him to shake.

"You're the new teacher..." he paused to think, "Clementine Beaumont, right? I'm Cristian Maldonado. It's a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance."

"That's right." She nodded, "I'm the new Herbology professor. What is it that you teach?"

"History of Magic, the advanced classes for sixth and seventh year students." He tapped his shoe on the leg of chair he was sitting in, "Now, I know what you're going to say—"

"That it's the most boring class in all of Hogwarts?" Clementine clicked her tongue playfully and smiled.

"History is not that bad of a class." Cristian feigned hurt, "Not to brag, but I think I've livened up the course material a bit since I started teaching here."

"Well the old professor was a ghost, so being alive livens up the course material enough on its own I would think." Clementine noted.

Cristian laughed, "I suppose that's true. I'm—"