Ripping through Orochi's mouth and sending it crumbling, Sukuna appears behind Megumi, "Like I said..." tightening his grip on the boy's shirt, Sukuna sends Megumi into the sky, "Let's go all out!" Red eyes shift to the head of (h/c) hair running towards him, stepping to the side, Sukuna uses one arm to wrap around her waist before jumping in the air after Megumi and slamming (Y/n) down onto her friend. The two slide across multiple roofs before being hit once more by Sukuna, sending them through a warehouse where they were lifted up and carried by Nue from the other side.

(Y/n)'s vision blurs as she stares at the faraway ground, 'I think I might be sick...' Sukuna appears beside them again, 'He's so fast...'

"Nice technique there!" Another hit sends Nue, Megumi, and (Y/n) crashing into a building. Sukuna lands in front of the beaten up crowd as Megumi releases Nue, "Your shikigami uses shadows as an intermediary, right?"

"So what?"

"Hmph... I don't get it—Back then, why'd you run away?" Sukuna refers back to the domain, "That was a wasted opportunity. You even picked up (L/n) and she was determined to fight, even threw a knife at that curse's head despite seeing what happened to this brat's hand. Anyway, at this rate, I ain't gonna fix his heart. This brat's not worth the effort."

Megumi stands up, 'Then why did I save him? The only thing that's fair about life is how unfair it is to everyone...'

A young girl with brown hair tied in a ponytail flashes through Megumi's mind, "If I've got the time to curse someone, I'd rather spend it thinking of those I hold dear."

'She was the kindest person. There was no reason to think otherwise, she was someone who deserved to be happy, but Tsumiki was cursed. My father who didn't even know my gender gave me the name Megumi. He's still alive somewhere. Karma doesn't happen on its own. Criminals are disciplined under the law. Jujutsu sorcerers are only a cog in this retribution. If only more good people could receive fairness...'

'I'll save people whether it's fair or not!'

"I didn't save you because it was the logical thing to do. I didn't want to see a good person, no matter how dangerous, die. I did have to think about it. In the end, it was a selfish, emotional decision. But that's okay. I'm not a hero. I'm a jujutsu sorcerer. That's why I've never regretted saving you. Not even for a moment."

The marks on Itadori's skin begin to fade as a smile forms on his face, "I see... You're so smart, Fushiguro. Thinking about all sorts of stuff, unlike me. I think your way of doing things is also right. But that doesn't mean mine isn't. And (L/n), you've been there from the start as well, so thank you for befriending me," the mentioned girl digs her nails into her palm, "Oh, sorry. Time's up. Fushiguro, (L/n), you two and Kugisaki, and Gojo-sensei—well, guess I don't have to worry about him... Live a long life, okay?"

(Y/n) lays back into the rubble, not wanting to look at the body in front of her.