10| 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐎𝐇𝐀𝐖𝐊

Depuis le début

"Killer costume." Lanie looked up to an unfamiliar voice and saw a girl around her age, her hair was a blonde color, her roots growing out with curly locks.

"Thank you so much!" Lanie said, her cheeks flushing from the kind compliment. "Your costume is badass too. Definitely diggin' the vibe."

The blonde girl smiled and stared at Lanie up and down before speaking up again. "I don't think I've seen you here at all before. Did you just move into town?"

"Sort of? It's a long story, but I will be a new student at West Valley when we go back to school," Lanie said as the blonde girl nodded her head. 

"I'm Tory by the way." Lanie smiled and shook her hand. Lanie noticed the girl had bruises on her knuckles and she recognized those shapes from anywhere.

"I'm Lanie. I see you do karate too, I recognize those bruises because I punch like that too." Tory smiled at the girl and there was a piece of hope in her heart that she will be able to make another friend. Tory thought Lanie seemed like a genuine person and she wanted to be around her more, knowing that the Valley was filled with lots of fake people.

"Yeah, I'm surprised you noticed. You hit too?"

"I've been doing karate ever since I was a toddler. I was pretty much born in a karate family since both of my grandfathers were like prodigies, so I was kinda forced to learn it."  The two girls continued to talk, Tory actually sitting down with her on the other side of the table, but that ended quickly when her boss told her to stop slacking.

"Well, I gotta get back to work. It was nice to meet you, Lanie. Hope to see you around soon," Tory said before getting up and skating off for her shift.

Conveniently, Robby came back with the skates just as Tory left and he noticed the wide smile on his girlfriend's face, making his curiosity rise.

"Why are you so giggly? Should I be jealous that someone or something is making you this happy?" Robby asked, sarcasm laced in his voice. Lanie rolled her eyes playfully and grabbed the skates, putting them on her feet.

"Don't be jealous, Robert. I just made a new friend." Robby smiled at his girlfriend, happy that she was getting to know new people. He knew that Lanie was nervous to go to school since she barely knew kids her age, so the fact that she said she was making new friends, made Robby ecstatic.

"That's great, sweetheart. I'm happy for you." But little did Robby know, the friend Lanie made was with the opposing dojo he all too despised.

✧༺♥༻∞

The next day, Lanie and Robby continued their karate routine, this time it being on the beach. The view was beautiful, but to Robby, the only view he thought was enchanting was Lanie.

The rest of the day was rather peaceful until Moon invited Sam over for a house party before they go back to school. Sam invited Robby and Lanie, both of them accepted the invite. Lanie hasn't been to a large house party like this and she was slightly nervous, not sure what to expect, but Robby reassured her that he will be by her side at all times.

Walking into the house, Robby held Lanie's hand as they walked through the front door. The music was loud and the air was filled with the smell of alcohol and weed.

Lanie stopped in her place when Robby did and she looked up at her boyfriend, wondering what he was looking at. She saw the glare in Robby's eyes and she turned around to see the familiar red mohawk next to other kids who she hasn't seen before. 

Hawk looked up at Lanie and he smiled at the sight of her, taking a swig of his drink while tracing her with how eyes. Robby noticed where Hawk's gaze was and he became furious.