Cracks in the Casita

Y/N's POV

     It's time for Antonio's gift ceremony. Everyone including me were in the Casita, patiently waiting for the young boy to walk to his door. We all stared, probably overwhelming the little one. Until he reached a hand out for someone in the back.

     I got a little confused until I saw Mirabel hesitantly walk up to him before holding his hand. This made me think how sweet of a family they were. Especially Dolores, I really had fun with her this afternoon. Given she has super hearing, I thought she would be a little uncomfortable with me but.. she's not.

     I was lost in my thoughts again until I noticed Antonio finally reach his door, letting go of Mirabel's hand. The guests all leaned closer and closer, curious as to what his gift was gonna be.

     He touches the doorknob, then the door glows brightly. It showed him with a bunch of animals and a toucan on his hand.

     It wasn't long before a real toucan landed on his arm, possibly communicating with him.

     From my perspective it seemed like he was agreeing about something with the toucan, literally 5 seconds before a whole crowd of animals comes barging in. They were all harmless thankfully.

~~~~~~

     While everyone was having fun in Antonio's new room and watching him ride on his jaguar around the big jungle, I went out of his room to get some fresh air. Almost everyone was in his room, so it was getting a little tight in there.

     That was until I saw Mirabel crouching down with something in her hand. I quickly went up to her because she looked quite bewildered.

     She just waves at me since Dolores has told her about me. Mirabel didn't know sign language however, so it was just awkward for the two of us. Until we saw cracks forming. She then runs up to Antonio's room, then I follow along scared for the next thing that's going to happen.

     Mirabel yells at everyone in the room, probably warning them about something. I noticed Dolores a few steps away, and I needed to know what was happening, so I quickly went to her while trying to avoid running into people.

     'What is she saying?' I asked.

     'Tiles were falling, Casita had cracks, and the candle almost went out.' I gasped in response, not realizing the people passing by us and accidentally running into us to look at the incident.

     I followed them but then I felt a hand in mine. I started sweating, just hoping it wasn't a random stranger.

     It looked like Mirabel was trying to explain everything, but everyone just stared at her. After all, there were no cracks... But I also saw them with my own eyes. My thoughts were interrupted when Luisa suddenly brings in a piano and Señor Agustín starts playing.

     Everyone started partying again, not even worried about the warning.

     I turned towards Dolores, who was the one actually holding my hand. The whole time.

     We both blushed, but I quickly pull away because we have to be serious now. I was worried about their family. What if Dolores gets hurt?

     'I saw the cracks too.' I stated. She just widened her eyes. 'Should I tell Mirabel?' I was hesitant to nod but I eventually did, because people can't just turn down her warning like that.

~~~~~~

Dolores' POV

     "Mirabel," She slightly flinched but turned around quickly. "Y/N also saw the cracks in the house."

     "At least someone's on my side..." She looked down sadly so I pat her back. "I will ask Abuela later if we can invite Y/N, just for a sleepover. We're gonna need to investigate more into this." I whispered. Mirabel nods and everyone else continues partying. My ears were starting to hurt from all the noise.

     "I would never ruin Antonio's night, mom." "What I think, is that today was very hard for you." I eavesdropped on Mirabel's conversation. I feel bad for her, it probably has something to do with Tío Bruno.

     "But nurse, how did you know she has a disease?!" "Because I'm a nurse!" I heard one of Tío Bruno's telenovelas, or, ratnovelas, again. Second season made me bawl in my room all night. How could I accuse him of something so great, when he's such a sweet man?

~~~~~~

     After inviting Y/N for a "sleepover", they agree to come after telling their mom and I think I feel just a little tense, or excited, I'm not sure. They stayed in my room for now since most of the rooms were occupied and I had an extra bed. I am so glad my room is soundproof.

     'How are you liking my room?' They looked around before answering a simple 'It looks great.' . 'Make yourself comfortable.' I signed.

Y/N's POV

     We both stayed in her room, and I just couldn't sleep. We had small conversations, and seeing her giggle made me kinda wish I could hear her. Her voice probably sounds angelic-- Okay time to sleep.

     I stared at her one last time, not in a creepy way, and she was already facing the other side. She can probably hear me shuffling around my bed though.

~~~ The next day ~~~

     I opened my eyes and rubbed them gently because they were a little blurry. Then I got up and noticed Dolores wasn't in the room anymore, so I got myself ready by changing into new clothes that I brought with me, and brushing my hair.

     I got out of the room and saw Dolores walking outside so I followed her.

     'Good morning.' I signed to her as she was taking a lot of arepas and stacking them on top of each other. I also took some food to get some energy.

     'You seem quieter than usual.' She just stared. Why is she acting strange? That was before Mirabel walks out and starts ranting to her. She also just stared at Mirabel.

     I was about to question her until Dolores' dad walks out and says something, and.. another Dolores walks out? What? Who's the real one?

     Then my question was answered as the one I was talking to, shapeshifted into his normal self. That was... Camilo. Then Casita hits him twice, probably punishing him. He deserves that for tricking me. And Mirabel.

     I walked up to the real Dolores and signed her a good morning, my mind still feeling jumbled from what I just witnessed.

A Thousand Words Heard from a Closed Mouthजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें