☆Seven☆

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Steve played with the bottle of beer he had in his hand, not paying attention to anything Bucky was saying. His mind was elsewhere and he hadn't stopped thinking of the beautiful crying woman he had seen the other day.

"Steve, are you paying attention to anything I'm saying?" Bucky asked.

"Huh? Oh...no, sorry. My mind is elsewhere,"

Bucky drank some beer, "You didn't have to come to this bar. It's louder and more packed than our usual but I wanted something different,"

"It's not the bar," Steve sighed, "I can't stop thinking about this woman I bumped into,"

"Oh," Bucky smirked, "Woman problems. What was she like?"

"Crying,"

"What?"

"She was practically sobbing," Steve said, "Heartbroken by the looks of it. I said that I was here if she needed a drink and I was kind of hoping she would show up,"

"The night is still young, pal," Bucky said squeezing his friends shoulder, "Don't think too much about her. You never know, she could show up."

"I am hoping she does," Steve said, "Bucky, she was gorgeous even though she was crying. I wanted to hold her and tell her everything was going to be ok,"

"Oh, wow," Bucky said, "You've only met the girl briefly and you can't stop thinking about her. You, my friend, have it bad,"

"Tell me about it," Steve sighed, "I don't know, man. I'm confused. It could be that I just felt bad for her,"

"It's a possibility," Bucky said, "Oh shit. Nat and Wanda have just walked in and hello. Who is she?"

Steve looked up and got to his feet when he saw the girl he met a few days ago. His eyes went up and down her body, admiring how her blue dress hugged her figure. Her dark brown hair was tied into a high ponytail with a few curls framing her face. Her heels made her legs look even longer and he had to pinch himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

"Damn," Bucky said, "Now I can see why you can't stop thinking about her,"

"Shut up, Buck," Steve said and he caught Nat's eyes, "I'll be right back,"

"You can bring me a beer back then. And for Sam. He is on the way,"

Steve downed his beer and headed to the bar where Nat was. He spotted her sigh and she elbowed Wanda who looked up at him, her eyes going wide.

"Ladies," Steve said and the woman looked up, "It's good to see you with a smile on your face,"

"Ah, yes," She said, "I'm sorry you had to see that. It wasn't my best moment,"

"You looked beautiful, I mean, yes. I...ok, let me start again," Steve fumbled on his words making Nat and Wanda laugh, "I...I can't get my words out,"

"If you are trying to say that I still looked beautiful whilst crying, then thank you and I will buy you a drink," She smiled, "Because I know I am an ugly crier,"

"It's almost disgusting how good you look while crying," Nat said, "Steve, this is Harley. Our friend,"

Steve saw the warning glare she got from Nat and nodded, "Nice to meet you, Harley. I'm Steve,"

Harley shook his hand, "What is your poison?"

"My...my what?" Steve frowned.

"Oh, my god," Wanda said, "What is your drink?"

"Oh!" Steve said, "My bad, I grew up in the-"

"A reserved household," Nat interrupted and glared at Steve.

"Yes. Reserved. Very," Steve said, "I drink beer. I actually need to buy my friends a drink. That's why I came to the bar, apart from to talk to you,"

Harley smiled, "That's sweet,"

"That's me. I'm a sweet guy,"

"Oh god," Nat said under her breath, "Don't make me throw up,"

"I'm going to sit down," Wanda said, "Your flirting is making me feel awkward. You suck,"

"I'll get you a drink," Harley said, "Something fruity?"

"You're the best," Wanda kissed her friend on the lips catching Steve off guard, "Don't be jealous that you didn't kiss her first,"

Nat bit into her lip to stop herself from smiling and she followed Wanda, "Don't be an idiot,"

"So," Steve said after Harley ordered the drinks, "Are you ok now?"

"I think so," Harley shrugged, "I've cried all week but what can you do? My ex is a bit of an asshole,"

"I'm sorry to hear that. It's his loss at the end of the day," Steve said, "I'm sure you're a great gal,"

"Gal?" Harley laughed, "That is adorable!"

Steve smiled, "How do you know Nat and Wanda?"

"A mutual friend," Harley said, "And yourself?"

Steve hesitated, "A mutual friend as well. We often, uh, drink together."

Harley nodded, "That's nice. So, I just want to say sorry again for the other day. I had hoped that people would ignore me crying."

"I couldn't ignore it. You looked heartbroken,"

"That, I was," Harley sighed, "I'll live and get over it. Shit happens,"

"At least I got to see you again," Steve smiled and he saw a blush creep up on her face, "I'd like to get to know you more. If Nat and Wanda like you, then it means you are trustworthy and fun to be around,"

"I know. They find it hard to like people," Harley smiled, "Cheers, Steve,"

Steve picked up the small shot glass and tapped it against hers, before downing it. Harley shivered slightly.

"That was needed," She said quietly. Harley paid for the drinks even though Steve tried to hand his card over, but she snatched it away and shoved it down her bra, "I said I was getting the drinks,"

"I...uh, yeah, I just...I...sure," Steve stammered out, "I'll help carry the drinks to the table,"

"Thank you, kind sir," Harley giggled and followed Steve back to the table. Steve stared at Bucky with wide eyes and shook his head slightly, making his friend roll his eyes.

Harley placed the drinks on the table and jumped onto the seat between Bucky and Steve.

"Um, can I have my card back now?" Steve asked.

"Oh!" Harley gasped, "I am so sorry. I forgot I put it down there,"

"Put it where?" Bucky frowned and he choked on his breath when she stuck her hand into her bra and pulled out Steve's card.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────