Letter to Santa Claus by Irelia

Dear Santa,

I haven't written to you since I was a child, but you know, the dreams of a warrior are very easy to guess: find peace.

But today, all the children around me only talk about you, you seem to be the solution to all problems. So if I write to you today it is to ask you a favor, you are the only one I can confide in freely.

When I was a child, my greatest dream was to be the most prestigious dancer in Ionia and unfortunately today I have become the greatest warrior in my region with the dances that have been passed down to me.

The harmony that my ancestors advocated no longer exists, my blades fly only to produce a macabre spectacle. Human existence is so beautiful, why do we choose to sacrifice our presence on Earth in war?

All the great chiefs I meet tell me that the art of the blade dance has contained warlike techniques since their creation. They say that if I passed on my knowledge, our people would win the war. But I don't believe it, I would never teach the most beautiful heritage of the Ionian people to bloodthirsty men. The grace of this dance should never have been mixed with war, my ancestors created it to transmit harmony to future generations.

I know in my heart that my dance holds a much greater potential, not that of combat, a much more spiritual instrument, an even greater phenomenon, show me the way. I don't want to fight anymore.

Please, I wish the war would stop, all I want to do is dance.

Xan Irelia