So it shouldn't hurt him, he had anticipated that this day would eventually come, but since he was a very emotional person, his feelings took over him. He had spent three whole days crying consistently in his bed, refusing to talk to his friends.

Well friend. He knows many people from college just because of his ex boyfriend. Henry was quite popular and being the boyfriend of a football player made Liam stand on the spotlight. They were a power couple and many girls and guys were jealous of them.

Liam knew what real friendship meant. And those who claimed to be his friends were only nice to him because of Henry. The only one who actually stayed with him was Louis.

He had met the blue eyed boy when he got into his dorm room. And though they were both polar opposite, their friendship had formed instantly.

Back home, he had a few friends but since he came to college he has lost touch with them.

"Can someone open the fucking door!?"

Liam's thoughts were disturbed when he heard someone yelling. He got up from his chair but his legs buckled a little as he had been sitting for quite some time. Once he was stable, he headed towards the main door of the library.

"Shit man!"

He stood still when he realised who he was stuck with.

Zayn Malik, aka, the mysterious one.

He had known Zayn since they were kids. They both belonged to the same town. And though they knew each other, they were never really friends. The taller one would always be immersed in his books and the only friend he had was Harry Styles.

No one other than Harry had the guts to talk to Zayn as he'd glare at anyone who comes near to him. And given how closed up Zayn was, Liam never really got a chance to talk to him.

Only once did he...

No, that's a story for another time.

And the biggest shock he received was when he saw Zayn at his college. Even though he wanted to talk to him personally, Liam was honestly a chicken when it came to Zayn. The always talkative and chattering Liam Payne becomes a shying and blushing mess when he's with the taller guy.

Zayn has that effect on him.

He cleared his throat to make his presence known and Zayn turned to face him.

Liam's brown eyes met Zayn's hazel ones and both stood still, staring at each other.

There was a strange feeling building in his chest as the taller one stared down at him. He didn't know why but he liked how Zayn looked at him, there was something mysterious with the way Zayn watched him as if the taller one was trying to read Liam's thoughts.

And how captivated Liam is when he sees Zayn. He would never tell a soul about his secret crush on the raven haired boy.

Zayn looked away from their staring battle and Liam was also forced to blink his eyes.

He saw how Zayn headed towards the left of the library. Liam stood there, not really knowing what to do. Should he follow him or wait for the other guy?

He didn't have to think much because Zayn came back with his bag hanging on his shoulder.

Still not knowing what to say or do, Liam stood in his place like a dummy. His brain was screaming at him to at least react but his body seems to have frozen.

"We're stuck in here, in case you're wondering"

The curly haired boy blinked at Zayn who had made himself comfortable near a huge shelf of books and now had a book in his hand.