VII

-runaways and traitors-

It was one week after the ball, one week after the Kings death

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

It was one week after the ball, one week after the Kings death. Y/N sat in a cell, alone for what felt like an eternity.

How could they think Y/N killed the King, the man she was meant to marry.

Water dripped from the ceiling, the cold wet floor had large cracks spreading across it. The steel bars that held Y/N in were rusted, flakes of metal falling off and landing on the floor.

The sound of footsteps and keys turning made Y/N open her eyes. They fell on a women dressed in silks and lace.

"Lady Glenna" Y/N spoke her voice raspy and quiet.

"Y/N" she responded

There was a long silence, it wasn't uncomfortable for either one.

"Why are you here?" Y/N croaked, making lady Glenna turn her head toward the crumpled up girl. "Don't you think I- killed- him"

Lady Glenna looked down upon the girl.

"If I thought you killed my nephew- You'd be dead" on the final words lady Glennas voice lowered.

"There's a trial, by noon."

Y/N chuckled, no trial would be so soon without the queens interference. A regular trial would be in fortnight, but the queen was itching to sentence Y/N.

"What do you suppose they'll do to me?"

Lady Glenna stayed silent for a while.

"I suppose that they'll execute you"

Those word seemed to echo through the small cell. With those words Y/N began to weep.

"Great, I'm being sentenced to death for a crime I didn't commit"

Lady Glenna frowned, she stepped over the large puddle of water on the floor. Coming close to Y/N she placed her hand on the crying girls face. Wiping away the tears that fell down Y/N's cheek.

"There is another option, confess"

Y/N jerked her head up and looked at the women.

"To a crime I didn't do? What good would that do?" Y/N asked

"It's in our law that if a person confesses to murder before the trial they'll be sentenced to life in prison"

Y/N could tell this hurt lady Glenna, her eyes were watering and she was getting choked up.

"It's better than watching- I mean dying" with those word lady Glenna turned her head hiding her face.

Y/N hated the thoughts of confessing to something she didn't do but there was no other way. The trial would be rigged of course, people who would vote against Y/N. Even if the people voted fairly she had no evidence.

Unless? No it wasn't possible- was it? A witness? Someone who Y/N could've been with at the time of the murder or before hand? But who- the man in the garden!

Y/N sat up contemplating if her plan would work. Would he testify for a girl he didn't know? Maybe if they sweeten the deal.

Since Y/N was king Petyrs next to kin she would inherit the throne. At least that's how their law worked but with Y/N out of the way her Royal highness, Agatha, petyrs mother would inherit the throne.

But in order for her plan to work they needed to get to the Arctic Empire.

"I have an idea" Y/N spoke trying to speak as loudly as possible.

Lady Glenna stared at the girl with wondering eyes. The girls featured were barely visible in the dim candle light. Her hair mangled and matted. The dress she wore was ripped and covered in dust and mud.

"The night of the murder I was in the garden with a man. If we can get him here maybe he'll testify for me!" Her words made lady Glenna smile

"I'll have my best men find him, what was the name of him?"

"There's a complication, it's Lord Technoblade"

At Y/N's words lady Glenna eyes opened wide.

"If we try to use him as a witness it'll just incriminate you more"

Y/N sighed in agreement.

"But I'll see what I can do"

——————

I didn't edit this so sorry if theirs any mistakes:(

Also thank you for 10k<3

💚💚💚💚💚

The kings wife(discontinued)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें