O24. A "DATE" IN THE GREEN GARDEN

Beginne am Anfang

"So, how does it feel like to be stuck with me until I'm safe?"
Daniela smiled at the leader who fixed the buttons of his blazer.

"Annoying," Dream simply replied, a stoic expression still on his face as he looked around. He eyed the water fountain in the middle of it all, the slight rainbow hue that popped up while birds occasionally flew on it to drink water. "It's your dad's stupid mistakes that put your life into danger. But, it's also my fault that I didn't notice that he was stealing from me."

"Eh, can't argue with that," Daniela shrugged. "So, Dream... if that's even your real name..."

"It isn't, but go on."

"Were you always the boss of everyone?" She asked and he sighed, debating whether he should open his mouth or keep it closed. "Like, is this something that... you know, have always been doing?"

"Hmm," he hummed, clasping his hands behind his back as they continued walking and enjoying the scenery. For the first time, Dream had to admit, this was the most serene thing that he has ever done, "I started young. Around... 14 to 15. My father kicked me out of the house because I stood up for my mom, made connections with people, started showing others that I need to be taken serious. With that, I started selling drugs to others, got money, got to pay the ones that worked with me, and I killed my dad. So, here we are."

"Is this house just filled with people with daddy and mommy issues?" Daniela shook her head in disbelief.

"Oh, yeah," Dream nodded. "We've all had a rough past with our parents. Many had to sell drugs for their parents, others were sold for drugs, others were abused, others had to see the abuse, all of that. My men confide in me because I understand all of those, to know how much parents can affect your life. Your dad abused your mom?"

"Yeah," Daniela nodded.

"How did you let that shape you?"

"Well, I'm becoming a social worker," Daniela answered. "To help vulnerable children."

"You see?" Dream gave her a ghost of a smile that if she hadn't been eyeing him closely, she wouldn't have noticed. "So, with mommy and daddy issues comes great responsibility."

Daniela looked up at him. "Did you really... Spider-Man?"

"It was good," Dream shrugged nonchalantly. The two chuckled. "You know, Ms. Lenard and Mr. Adrien really admire you. I've never met anyone who made Ms. Lenard laugh like you do."

"It's a gift," Daniela smiled before sighing at remembering something. "She told me she was there for you growing up."

"Yeah," Dream nodded. "My father was a business man and my mom was a housewife. She didn't know how to cook so... my dad hired two young chefs that could also entertain me while he was working and my mom was sleeping."

"Why have you never given them a break?" Daniela asked. "She and Mr. Adrien work so late every single day just to not have a free day because they're feeding all of your men."

"Well, they seem to enjoy the kitchen a lot," Dream muttered, playing with the rings on his fingers. "Always assumed they liked it in there."

"They've been cooking since they were in their twenties," Daniela explained, "and haven't had a different job other than cooking. I would be tired, too. Not only that, but I found out that they don't even get spoiled. How do you repay them?"

"By eating with them."

"That is not bad..." Daniela breathed out. "Okay, okay, I'll give you that. It's the small things that matter, no?" Dream nodded in response. "Anyway... they deserve a small break to focus on themselves. Have them go to the spa or somewhere relaxing. They deserve it."

Dream couldn't get a word out because as soon as he opened his mouth, one of his men headed towards the two.

"Sir, we have an issue," he said. "There are two people outside yelling to see her."

"Who?"

Dream and Daniela looked at each other in confusion before heading towards the front of the house. They hurried down the hallways, their curiosity almost killing them. The front door was already opened and armed men were already by the stairs, alert.

"We want to see her!"

"What are you gonna do? Shoot me? Please."

Daniela recognized those voices and hurried to the front, alerting Dream next. "Daniela... Daniela." He followed after her and she made it to the front where she saw a familiar car and those faces she missed.

"Grandmas!"

Daniela hurried down the stairs, running towards her grandmothers who immediately embraced her, cradling her face and giving her kisses.

"Ah, we missed you, Dani."

"I missed you, too."

They backed away from each other and the women immediately turned to look at Dream who was giving demands to his men. "Guard the damn gates. I need Four, Eleven, and Thirty on the top. You are in charge of alerting the ones on the bottom on the people coming up. So, do that right now."

At noticing their stares, Dream turned to look at Daniela's grandmothers.

"Come to my office."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Guys... You are getting
the scenes with sexual tension
on them, not yet. Soon.

Also, can we give myself
props because it's chapter
24 and I haven't gotten
them together 😏😏