Ron makes some sort of noise that sounded like he snickered, the Malfoy kid looks Ron up and down, "Think my name funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, hand me down robe. You must be a Weasley."

"Draco!" Yelled Narcissa and then turns to glare at her Fiancé "he gets this behavior because of you!"

Malfoy turns back to Harry. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others potter."

"You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there" he says as he sticks his hand out for Harry to shake.

Harry looks down at Dracos outstretched hand before saying, "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks."

Malfoys checks turn pink.

The marauders let out a cheer for Harry

Malfoy is about to say something, but before he could Profrosseer McGonagall shows up and taps Malfoy on the shoulder.

"Were ready for you now. Follow me."

The double doors in front of them opened up, it was lit by thousands and thousands of candles that were floating in midair over four long tables, where the rest of the students were sitting. At the top of the hall was another long table where the teachers were sitting. Professor McGonagall led the first years up here, so they came to a halt in a line facing the other students, with the teachers behind them. Harry looked upward and saw a velvety black ceiling dotted with stars. He heard Hermione whisper, "It's bewitched to look like the sky outside. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History"

James laughed, "What a nerd."

Lily glared at him. "Potter just because you read something doesn't make you a nerd."

that made James sober up. "Sorry my lily flower, I didn't mean it."

Harry quickly looked down again as Professor McGonagall silently placed a four-legged stool in front of the first years. On top of the stool, she put a pointed wizard's hat. the hat was patched and frayed and extremely dirty. Everyone in the hall was staring at the hat. For a few seconds, there was complete silence. Then the hat twitched. A rip near the brim opened wide like a mouth-- and the hat began to sing: (don't feel like writing the song at the moment)

The whole hall burst into applause as the hat finished its song.

"So we've just got to try on the hat!" Ron whispered to Harry.

"Ew, imagine if the hat has lice, from all the heads it's been on," Primrose whispers to herself, harry quickly whips around to see his sister behind him.

"Where have you been!"

Primrose smiles at her brother and rolls her eyes, "Here and there."

"I'll kill Fred, he was going on about wrestling a troll."

"You know Ron, You're very gullible."

"I am not!"

"Sure, look theirs a spider by your foot."
Ron jumped and let out a screech.