6

It's been three weeks since Alex officially agreed to work with her father. The two have spent countless hours going over the plans and getting the ball rolling. Today she has brought you along for the ride begging you to see what they have done so far. You watched in awe as she walks the halls showing you every room and explaining every detail that goes along with it. You grinned at her excitement as you followed behind her watching her move about in her own little world. She stops turning around to face you "So what do you think?" she asked. "This is amazing Alex. You've really outdone yourself," you smile.

She smiles shrugging her shoulders "Well I did have help. But it's finally coming together as I imagined it." she says looking around the building. You nod your head " It is just how you described it." you smile walking towards the large windows taking in the view. "This view is amazing," you whispered. The feeling of arms wrapping around your waist causes you to relax against the body. "Yes it is," she whispered placing a kiss on your neck. You hum and sigh as your body melts into hers. "I can't wait to break in my new desk. " she whispered. You giggled as the heat rises in your cheeks.

"Ahem" Alexander clears his throat gaining your attention. Alex pulls back turning towards him. "Hi, daddy," she says. He smiles "Hello, I see you're showing y/n around." he says. She nods her head. "So... What do you think y/n?" he asked. "I think it's amazing you two have really outdone yourselves," you tell him with a smile. He smiles nodding his head "Alexandra has always had a good eye for these things," he says. You watch as the praise causes her eyes to light up. "So, I know you wanted to start the hiring process soon since the firm is almost completed," he says. Alex nods her head "Yes. The sooner the better. I want them to be a part of the process." she says. "I agree." he nods. "Which is why I've decided to bring in someone that I think will be a great asset to our firm," he says walking towards the door.

The two of you watch as Alexander steps aside letting in a dark-haired man. He smiles as soon as he sees Alex. "Hey, Al. Long time no see." he chuckles. "Jim." she gasped. The name immediately raises your attention. Why did that name sound familiar to you? Alex stands there with a stunned expression.

"Well, I'll let you kids catch up," Alexander says with a grin. Jim reaches over to offer his hand which Alexander returns. "Y/n. Nice to see you again," he smirks walking out the door. Jim looks past Alex giving you a small smile. "Jim Steele," he says extending his hand out. You smile "y/n y/l/n," you say shaking his hand. He nods with a smile" Do you work here too?" He asked.  "Oh Um, no. I'm..." you stutter looking towards Alex. "Y/n is my girlfriend," Alex says. "Oh." He says shock written across his face. "I didn't know you were into women." He said. "Yeah well, a lot has changed." She smiles. He nods "Well I've got to go but I'll be seeing you soon." He says walking towards the door. "It was really good to see you again Al." He whispers with a smile. She smiles "You too Jim." waving as he walks out the door.

"Jim as in the man you slept with when you were with Robert?" You asked. She nods her head. Rolling your eyes "unbelievable." you muttered walking out the door.  Alex follows behind you as you quickly walk out of the building. Struggling to keep up she calls your name begging you to slow down. Only catching up with you when Grey pulls up letting you inside. Once in the car she sighs looking over to you. "I didn't know." She says. "Yeah, I got that." You whispered looking out the window. "Are you mad at me?" She asked. "No." You sighed. "Is this going to be a problem?" You asked looking over at her. "No." She says shaking her head. You nod your head as you resume your position looking out the window.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't know T. I feel like he did it on purpose. Am I being crazy?" You questioned over the phone to your friend. "Nah. I agree this has bullshit written all over it." She says. You sigh. "Listen y/n just talk to her okay? I mean she obviously didn't know he was going to hire him. Just explain how you feel." She says. You sigh again "yeah maybe." You mumbled playing with the blanket that was covering you. "It'll be okay. Alex loves you. She would never hurt you like that." Tara tells you. "I know. Maybe I'm just reading too much into this." You sigh. "I wouldn't say that. I think Satan has a plan but I don't think Alex will go along with it." She says. You chuckled at the nickname Tara has given Alexander. "Yeah. Satan is on my last nerve." You chuckled.