Chapter 1

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S NOT HERE?!"

He held the shorter man in a grip so hard his knuckles turned white. Most would reel back or push him away but this man didn't. He calmly stood in place and explained to Wilbur again the situation.

"Will, he moved away 6 years ago. I would've told you sooner but you were so busy at the time studying that I didn't want to add to your stress."

"But, Phil!" Phil, or Philza, was the name of this man Wilbur had clung onto so hard before and even harder when he hugged him at the airport right after landing back in England. An old family friend whom he's come to regard as his second father, Will has always looked up to and sought after Phil for advice and support especially in the concern of his love affairs. "Phil, he was everything to me! He and I.. I've been waiting so long to tell him! Where could he be? Where could he possibly be now?"

"I don't know, Wilbur," Phil replied, moving aside to allow Wilbur into the house. "He never told us where he was going, just that he was going. Parents didn't say anything either. I think they sent him abroad to study and forgot to mention it to us."

"But surely he would've said something! Anything! He wouldn't just up and leave without telling you or Mumza, right?"

Mumza, also known as Kristin, is Phil's wife and consequently Wilbur's second mother. A close friend of George's family, she essentially was the person who brought the two boys together, suggesting to both boy's parents that they should be friends. As she had no children of her own yet, she took to mothering both George and Wilbur and all the other kids who look up to her and Phil.

"We thought so too but we never received a text or a letter from him. Or a phone call. The most we know is he's still in England since his parents wouldn't agree to him going outside the country for study."

"Like that makes my search any easier!" Wilbur said with a huff.

"Your 'search'? Wilbur, don't tell me you're planning on hunting the boy down, are you?"

"I don't know, Phil, that boy happens to be the one I'm so in love with!"

Phil shook his head with a smile. "You were always stubborn with love even after all the advice I've given ya. Some might find that charming."

"And what do you think?"

Phil smiled. "I'll take your bags up to your room. No running off to find your 'beloved' while I'm gone, alright?"

Will rolled his eyes. He attempted to follow Phil upstairs to look at the room he'd be staying in for the next month or so—just until he had figured out his own place—but Phil wouldn't let him, saying Kristin was still working on getting it just right for him.

With that said and done, Will retired to the couch and pulled out his phone. Since coming back from the airport he hadn't checked his phone and he was met with a barrage of notifications from family members to online friends, one particular friend catching his eye.

Having only sent 3 messages since he last saw him at the airport leaving from America, Will opened the messages and began typing.

Dream
hey
have you landed yet?
Wiiiiiillllbuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrr

Wilbur
Miss me already?

Dream
WILBUR
how was the flight?
did you sleep?
are you home yet?

Wilbur
Good, yes and yes. I'm at Philza's for now

Dream
for now?
thought you had your own place already?