iii. call you

Começar do início

"You're definitely stalking me," Frankie smirked. "You know, Parker, you could have just given me a call."

"I'll make sure to take note," he piped up. "That way you don't have to spend hours on the phone waiting for my call."

"Contrary to popular belief, I don't waste my time thinking about you."

"You should."

Stephen cleared his throat from behind Frankie, breaking the intense eye contact the two teens seemed to unknowingly hold. "Excuse me, can I know the story behind─" he made a hand gesture to the two of them, pointing as they looked at him. "─whatever this is?"

"Nothing." Frankie rolled her eyes at the implication in her brother's tone.

Peter stepped up, offering his hand for Stephen to shake. "Great to meet you, sir. My name's Peter Parker, I go to school with Frankie."

"Dr. Stephen Strange." Her brother raised an eyebrow as he shook the teen boy's hand, eyes switching between Peter and Frankie. He had heard many things about Peter Parker growing up, mostly consisting of complaints about how insufferable he is, but the boy in front of him seems nothing but polite, but he hasn't missed the way that Peter Parker seems to become an entirely different person when talking to his sister ─ more confident, body slouching as if all his stress melts away.

"Peter!" A kind looking woman appears, standing next to Peter as she appears holding tomato sauce. She gave the siblings a smile. "Frankie! It's been so long"

Frankie could feel her cheeks heating up. It had been ages ago when she last saw May Parker. The woman never missed a single competition her nephew is in, always at the front row with a smile on her face. Frankie remembers the last time she'd seen the older woman, thirteen years old and crying under the curtains for her mother who never came. The woman had consoled her, let her cry and then gave her the chocolate bar she had brought for Peter.

"Hello, Aunt May," Frankie greets softly as the woman reaches forward to hug her. She has nothing but fond memories of the kind woman.

"Oh, Frankie, you've grown so much." May kept a hold on Frankie's hand as she looked the young girl up and down. "How have you been?"

"I've been good, focusing on school."

"You must come over for dinner tomorrow," said the woman, making Peter and Frankie share a look.

"Oh that's not─"

"We'll be there," Stephen cuts in, giving May a smile as he places an arm on Frankie's shoulder.

Frankie gave her brother a side glare. "Yeah. We'll be there."

After being informed of the technicalities such as the address and time, May gave Frankie a kiss on the cheek before walking away, leaving her nephew behind.

Peter grinned at Frankie, brown eyes shining. "So I guess I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Don't sound so excited." Frankie rolled her eyes as she turned around and began walking away, hearing Peter's laughter behind her.

_._._

"PARKER."

Peter smiled at the sound of her voice, balancing his phone against his ear as he sat down, letting his legs dangle. "Frankie."

"What do you want?" Peter could hear shuffling on the side of the call, soft music playing in the background.

"I told you I'd give you a call," he said and he can almost see her rolling her eyes, making Peter smile at the thought as he imagined the way her lips would press into a thin line whenever she does so.